1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After burning audio is faster than video

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by qaa, Aug 14, 2005.

1. qaa

qaa Member

When I burn Dvd's from avi files. I convert them then burn them to dvds.... But when I play them in my DVD player the audio is faster than the video. What can I do to keep them at the same speed???? And the audio skips =(

ALL help would be greatly appreciated.

Could it be the converting process,.... or the burning???

I use boilsoft avi to dvd converter..And Nero Software that came with my burner =)

sony 16X dual layer

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@qaa
    What speed did u burn at it could b the matter that u burned to fast and that could make the audio and video go out of sync???

Let us know...

3. qaa

qaa Member

i burn the memorex 8X dvd +rw's at 8X speed. My drive can burn up to 16X, but the cd's can only go up to 8X

4. qaa

qaa Member

DMA has nothing to do with it right?

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I dont think soo....

I just feel that the issue is with the speed because audio and pics skip and jump if u do it too fast cause the faster u burn at the bigger chunckes it puts together and it loses its flow...

6. qaa

qaa Member

ok so do you suggest i take the speed from 8X of the dvd+rw memorex disc type...and miinimize it to like um say..... 4X or 2.4X?

Another issue , maybe it could the converter i'm using??? I wouldnt think so but what do you think? "Boilsoft avi to dvd conerter."

7. qaa

qaa Member

i also have no aspi's drivers installed..... and i probally dont have the latest version of nero. But evevrything is burning and working fine withut them....

sorry for posting more...."Just trying to give more detailed information in order to find a faster solution\conclusion"

8. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I personally dpnt think its the software..,it could b though but i am not familar with that software as such i use Magix music maker 7 which is a music sound and video recording studio program etc... I used that and coverted the video and sound fine but i burned it too fast soo it jumped for me on occasions. So thats y im sayin yea bringing it down to 4x or 2x could fix the problem... run a test disc first and c if it works soo u dont waste lots of discs....

Keep me posted...

9. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

What software did you use to convert those .AVI to DVD ?

10. qaa

qaa Member

boil soft's"avi to dvd converter".... COnvert all avi files to fideo\audio folder...then just burn to nero.

my computers only 400 mhz so it takes over 10 hrs to convert 1 600 mb movie ='( "crying"

[bold] Borhan 9-[/bold]

test disc??? what u mean? anyways....I'm gonna try to burn like lower speeds...then ill repost and inform you on my results...

+

Anyone know any other converter programs that make avi files to dvd files quickly ?My softwar etakes over 10 hrs to make one 600 mb + file to audio_ts + vidoe_ts folders.....Maybe its my 400 mhz computer?

11. Milton007

Milton007 Member

How do the avi files play from the timeline, is the audio in sync when you playback from the timeline before rendering to DVD?

12. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@qaa
    What i bascially meant by a test disc is just try to burn it once either on cheap media and c if it worked or if your player can play a DVD Re Writable copy it on that and if it worked copy it on good media and format the other disc. Thats all i meant. ur doin it anyway...let me know ur result.....

13. qaa

qaa Member

Well I recently burned a movie to dvdv with my memorex 8x dvd+r disc. I choose 6x write instead of the highest 8X for that cd. Tommarow I will test another movie because the one i tested today i couldnt tell if the audio was ahead of the video =(. But....

+

The audio still skips,\ chopppy a lil.... How do i fix that???

+

I may have audio ahead of video on my next dvd but i dont know ill check tommarow...

Please review my post and ask for more info,...or find a answer to my problems please people???

='("crying"

Is there a way to have the video and audio at same speed,...without the audio skipping and being choppy?

14. qaa

qaa Member

this is what i'm doing to make a dvd.

1.) converting 600-700 mb avi file using "boilsoft's ,... Avi to dvd converter"

2.) Drag\dropping the resulting video_ts folder into nero after converion process,and burning the dvd "succesful" using "memorex 8X dvd+r discs....

3) play in Apex dvd player.... See video and hear audio fine... After 5 mins or 1 min audio gets ahead of video and I can hear the movie before it happens...... How do i keep them at the same speed???

What can I do to fix this ?? =(

15. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

Try to isolate where the problem is arising in your conversion/burning process.

First, play the AVI on your computer so that you are sure the audio/video is in sync.

Then, after you have converted the AVI file to VIDEO_TS, and before you burn it to DVD, try playing the VIDEO_TS files on your computer with Windows Media Player or any other video player on your computer.

This will show you if your audio/video is in sync or not after conversion. Then you will know if it's your BoilSoft software or your burning software or your hardware that's the problem.

16. qaa

qaa Member

ty for your input =)

Ok I slowed down the process of bruning from *x to 2.4x. It seems they are in sync a lil now =).........But the audio is choppy\skipping , how do i stabalize the audio so it wont skip\chop?

+

The acotrs and actresses in the films sound like theyre on helium or something " the audio\voices are higher than usual.." How do i get them back to their regular tones???

17. qaa

qaa Member

slowing the burn process down worked alot =)..but the next question is how do i stop the audio from being so high pitched???

Problem:

How do i stop audio from being so i high pitched???\ and how do i get it from the audio skipping???

18. hursty

hursty Active member

i had this problem,the actors sounded like a bunch of chipmunks

didnt really find an answer for it,the only thing i put it down to was a dodgy avi file,it wouldnt even load into ifo edit afterwards(vobs)

first i tried it with film machine(CCE engine)....>chipmunks

then i tried mainconcepts .....>stuttery,but no chipmunks

the strange thing was it played perfectly in POWERDVD,but that b*****d plays anything
    wasnt anything to do with codecs or media or the burn speed

then i tried vso's dvix2dvd
    worked perfectly

strange one

but the only problem with vso's new app,is it takes twice as long as the freeware version

2 1/2 hrs for a 700 avi file,come on,thats CCE speed

but nevertheless it got the job done,and i was happy as a pig in shite

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  19. qaa

qaa Member

so vso is good to use??? Ill try it =)

it already takes 10 hrs+ to convert a 600 mb avi on my 400 mhz computer ='( "crying"

20. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hello,

VSO DivxToDVD is a great software.
    It does the job right, and give me pleasure to use.

They are so many product out there, you need to find one that you like.

Here's a quick list of software that I have heard that will convert files to DVD:

VSO DivxToDVD
    InterVideo CopyDVD
    dvdSanta
    Avi2DVD
    WinAVI

Is one better than the other ?
    Is one faster than the other ?

Doesn't 1 is better than the other when someone makes a suggestion.
    I have hear good on all those software !

I have chosen to use VSO DivxToDVD (Purchased their latest revision).

It's a matter of personal choice also !

Good software hunting !