Aladdin or executer 3... whats the difference?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by parks, Aug 15, 2005.

1. parks

parks Member

I am looking to mod my xbox. I have done 3 mods for my friends with the executer 3 - now $59 ish shipped. I was looking around for better prices on the executer and I ran into an Aladdin advance mod chip for $13!!!. I cant find much info on it other than a few problems that people have run into but aparently fixed. Can someone tell me the difference between these two. What am I paying for with the executer? If I had the extra money I would just buy the executer but as it is right now I really cant swing the $13. Thanks in advance.

2. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

If the aladin chip was as good as the executer then you would see heaps more posts about it. Just save your money and go the executer 3. It's way better supported.

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Specifically, use the Xecuter CE Chip...or did my Sig give that away? LOL.

4. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

your siggy is a little long aye. might wanna shorten it in photoshop maybe :)

5. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Q: Aladdin or Xecuter 3... Whats the difference?

A: About $50.00(USD) Dollars and your Mad Skilz at Soldering

No really an Aladdin is what is refferd to as a 'Cheapmod' you should be able to pick one (or a clone), up for around $10.00(USD), There is no Solderless solution for these chips. I'm not sure if you can even use Header Pins on the LCP Port with 'em. So theres going to some Soldering going on with that chip.

Furthermore given that the Aladdin has only 256kb of Flash ROM on board your only ever going to be able to use just one ROM at a time. Allthough this is not really a problem as you really only need the one that will allow you to to what you want

Since the Aladdin is also one of the oldest Modchips on the Market you can safly rule out beeing able to use any form of LCD's aswell.

The X3, as well as the Xenium & SmartXX (and other 4G Modchips) all have what is called a ChipOS on them that should simplfiy such tasks as FTP access without a Dashbaord or running a LCD Screen for instance. These Chips are currently compatible with every XBOX™ ever built v1.0 though v1.6b and can either be Solderd (i.e. chaeper) or be purchased with a Solderless Screw on Adaptor.

While the Aladdin is a quick and dirty way to mod a XBOX™. You'll probably would enjoy the ease of use and the richer features of the more modern Modchip.

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@Bubba1982[/bold]
    Nah buddy, I think it's just right now. LOL. Although yours on the other hand might could use some trimming.

See I told you...no worries I'd get it taken care of. Besides I like this one better. Ha Ha!!!

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Whats goin on guys...

Well, I have installed all 3 chips in systems, and by far the Xecuter 3ce chip is the best. The one thing I like about X3 chips is that it has the built in Config Live. The other good thing about X3 chips is that you can find help basically anywhere if you have problems w/ it, because it is such a popular modchip.

However, the Aladdin XT chips do work very well, and it is very easy to install (just like the Xecuter 3ce except you have to solder the chip to the pin header on the top). As long as you know what bios to flash it w/ then you'll be fine.

Check out this site for more info. on Aladdin XT chips:

http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/gettingstarted.htm#5

I also like the DuoX2 modchips. They are very cheap like the Aladdin chips. The Aladdin and the DuoX2 chips work the exact same, but for some reason I still like DuoX2 chips over Aladdin's.

Here is info. on DuoX2 chips:

http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/gettingstarted.htm#3