Also commited - Biggest Mistake Ever - Returned Copied Movie to Blockbuster

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by benitob, Oct 22, 2009.

1. benitob

benitob Guest

OK, I just made the same mistake that Chris did in 2006.... Now Im worried. Any updates or new feedback? Has blockbuster changed how it operates?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/335327
    Thanks!
    ANOTHER Idiot

25. April 2006 @ 08:27 _ Link to this message Send private message to this user
    Yes, the subject says it all. I made the biggest mistake you could ever make copying movies. I returned the copy I made of a movie to Blockbuster (not the store, the online rentals). I realized this a few hours after the mailman picked it up. I went onto the Blockbuster site and saw that I can report a movie as having accidentially returned a personal movie but I don't know how Blockbuster is not going to know its a copy since I had also written with a sharpie the name of the movie on the disk.

So.... all that said.... Should I wait for the FBI to come get me or does anyone think I have a chance of not getting arrested / fined / sued? Any first hand knowledge of what I should expect would be greatly appreciated.

2. John_Donn

John_Donn Regular member

They will just send it back. If they do go after you, make sure you have the movie bought and say you were just backing it up and move all your non-owned burned movies to another place. They can't prove you did anything illegal.

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Just go buy the movie if you're too worried about it.

They may contact you about sending back a burned disk instead of the original but they'll probably just say "Please return the original disk".

Peace

4. benitob

benitob Guest

thanks!!! Im buying the original today. appreciate all the good advice.

bb

5. benitob

benitob Guest

yep, you guys were right, I got the bad dvd back right away with a note to return the original... phew what a dumb ass mistake! good thing i got the original :)

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I'm glad to hear that. Just be sure to send back the original this time. :p