Amazon Prime - Free for three months

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Pop_Smith, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I came across this post on SlickDeals and thought I would share it with everyone.

Basically Amazon is giving everyone a free 3-month trial of Prime.

If you don't know what Prime is it is a service, normally costing $79/year, that lets you get unlimited 2nd day shipping (or really cheap next-day shipping) for those three months of the trial.

Basically here is what you need to do to get the free 3 month trial:

1. Add this textbook to your cart four times (or go "Quantity 4" -> "Add to Cart" on the right side).

2. Go through the entire process until you get to the last page, it is the "Place Order" page and is before your order is final.

3. You should see an Amazon Prime logo on the shipping options as well as this:

FREE Shipping Upgrade for Textbook Buyers: Your textbook purchase qualifies you to get your entire order with Free Two-Day Shipping when you sign up for a special three-month Free Trial of Amazon Prime. Save $6.96 on this order alone! ยป Learn more

When you switch the selected shipping option to Amazon Prime a pop up will display allowing you to activate the Prime Trial.

When you get the "Welcome to Amazon Prime" text you are set. No purchase is necessary to activate 3 free months. Just remember to set the non renew option.

You can then delete the books from your cart and keep your 3 months of free Prime.

Also, this offer only applies if your current Amazon registered email and credit card have not used Prime in the past (or are currently).

Please note that Amazon will charge you a $1 authorization charge that will go away in a few days, its just to make sure your card is real.

When you get through with the offer be sure to go to Your Account on Amazon then click on "Manage Your Amazon Prime Membership" (under Subscriptions Management), in this section you will see a button on the left side that says "Do not upgrade", click this to prevent Amazon from auto-renewing your Prime membership when it expires in 3 months.

If you don't do this and forget until the 3-months are up Amazon will automatically charge your card $79 for a year of Prime!

Again, I got this from SlickDeals.net, all credit goes to SHADOWE2001 for finding this deal.

Peace

2. viptravis

viptravis Guest

I like amazon.com. I often buy books about php!!

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

viptravis, edit those links out of your sig ASAP.
    3. Providing affilate tagged links to products or services is not allowed.