another stupid halo2 thread

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by asimona, Oct 28, 2004.

1. asimona

asimona Member

hey everyone
    i got halo2 now and have tried twice to burn it... coasters. want to save the dvds?

the first time i tried unpacking the iso with craxtion and deleting the .xbe files other than default then repacking the iso with craxtion... then patching and burning onto correct media

second time i tried the dvd9 to dvd5 kit then burnt onto correct media ... should i have patched it this time?

thanks in advance.

I have already played this at a friends and it is awesome! I will be supporting bungie for their efforts and buying it when released.

2. scottas

scottas Guest

Lets ask once it is released, then the piracy this is moot.

3. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

if you have a m0dded xbox then why not just ftp the files over to your xbox, I mean if you have a dvd burner what's one small crossover cat5 cable and about 20 minutes of setup and transfer time. but it's all up to you but do read other posts to see if you can pick up something from what others have said.

4. asimona

asimona Member

found this on messageboard somewhere and it seemed to work for me

quote:
    "You have to first extract the real files from the ISO. XISO at www.xbox-scene.com works well. Just search for it and download. ( used craxtion )
    Once you have the real files extracted open Nero.
    Make sure you have a recent versions of Nero (6.0.0.0 or higher)
    Create a new DVD Compilation.
    Scroll down through the types and select DVD-ROM (UDF) it’s second from the bottom.
    Then click the UDF tab
    Checkmark: Force DVD-Video compatibility mode (required for Xbox TM)
    Then click the new button
    Drag all the extracted files into the dvd they will all fit. Put in a new DVD-r and burn."

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004