Another Windows 10 Annoyance

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Sophocles, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

All of a sudden out of the blue (no pun intended) all the image files, some icons, video and audio files on my desktop acquired annoying double white arrows in a small blue box on the bottom left.
    icon.JPG

I'm using Windows 10 on this rig, so it might not have happened to you. Now I'm going to have to waste time figuring out how to remove them because I find them out of place and annoying.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you tried a system restore to before this problem started? was this computer always win 10 or had it been an earlier windows then upgraded to win 10?

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I just went shopping and when I returned the blue arrows turned into a single green box with a check in it. I'm beginning to think it's being caused by Norton's 360 file backup. icon2.JPG

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Problem solved. I removed Norton's Silent mode settings and things went back to normal.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

good. I do a manual backup as I only backup what I want to save & manually re-install the programs when I have to.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I forgot to mention that it didn't involve Norton's backup, it was under notifications. notifications.JPG