Any doom 3 backup tutorials

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Bioneo, May 24, 2006.

1. Bioneo

Bioneo Member

i have copied my doom 3, to 3 dvd-5 disk and none works. they either won't load or freezes at the loading video. Can any one help me?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Odd, i backed mine up and it works fine.
    How are you backing it up, go through all the steps and list the brand and type media you use (Philips 8X DVD-R for example)

3. Bioneo

Bioneo Member

I FTP'd all files, converted to iso using Qwix. Then burned to "ridata" dvd(cheapest dvd's i found)using nero twice and once with roxio record now deluxe.

4. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Unless there is an incredible sale on good media, using the cheapest isn't a good idea. They just may suck, or perhaps your burner just doesn't burn them very well. Either can cause your xbox to choke on a disc.

5. d2rights

d2rights Member

I had the same problem as you Bioneo but I fixed it by taking compression off before making the iso like these (I used verbatim media) if you get up to the part where it trys loading the video than the media might just be alright
    [​IMG]
    take the compression off the folder that has the game files in it BEFORE MAKING THE ISO
    [​IMG]

this forum helped me with the burning and connecting my xbox up to the computer via FTP
    http://www.teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=166

Last edited: May 26, 2006