Any info on how to backup a complete HDD?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by SpecOpts, Aug 23, 2005.

1. SpecOpts

SpecOpts Member

Hi, I'm new to the board. I've been looking around but have not seen any posts pertaining to backing up the entire hard drive. I would like to "ghost" my entire hard drive to another empty drive... is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

I know that the xenium supports Harddrive upgrade, where you put both hdd's into the xbox and it will copy the contents of the original drive to the new one, but its just like coping excatly so the more things you have and the bigger the hdd the longer it takes.

Degalle

(other than that i don't think there is anything like that, unless you transfer all the folders from you xbox hdd to your computer and that's your backup or new hdd)

3. SpecOpts

SpecOpts Member

Thanks for responding Degalle, do you know if the Xenium Ice has an auto-run type of program already installed on the chip to do this or is it some kind of manual operation? I'm brand new to modding :)

Reason I ask is that I bought a softmod xbox w/a 250GB HDD and I want to back it up on a seperate 250GB Seagate that I just purchased.

I didn't think you could do this with just any windows application because I've read that the DVD games are written with some kind of Xiso specifically for Xbox. Though I don't know for sure if that even matters... Let me know if you have any further info on that Xenium chip, I appreciate the feedback.

4. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

It is a manual operation, but all the manual part is warnings and other stuff, if you want go to http://www.teamxodus.com/ and check out they're manuals to see how much work really goes into it. But to be honest with you are you wanting to have access to your games and dvds on your computer or are you looking for another xbox harddrive to swap when one gets full.

If you are looking for a new xbox hdd then go the xenium way.

If you are just wanting to store your games, and other data to this new hdd then just access it VIA ftp (loads of tutorials on how to do this) and transfer everything you want, and you can just delete the stuff off the 250gb currently in the xbox.

If you are wanting something else could you be more specific on your usage.

hope that this can point you in a somewhat direction, anyother questions please post or contact me,
    Degalle

5. SpecOpts

SpecOpts Member

Hey thanks for all your help Degallle, I checked out the site and did some research on my own as well.

I do appreciate it!