1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody had any luck with RITEKF1

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by davexnet, Aug 1, 2009.

1. davexnet

davexnet Active member

Hello,
    bought a 30-pack for $5 - thought I'd take a chance.
    They're 16x dvd-r that get mixed reviews on videohelp.com.

They're JVC branded.

Anybody tried them?

2. bratcher

bratcher Active member

The Ridata & Maxell branded RitekF1 that I've used has been very good media. Not sure about the JVC but it should be ok. Burn a few & find out....

3. davexnet

davexnet Active member

Thanks - I'll do some in the near future and update
    the post with the results.

4. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I've burned a few hundred RiData F1's that I've gotten from newegg. They have been very good media, have had hardly any fail on me. I think I average 1 or 2 per hundred or so.

5. davexnet

davexnet Active member

Thanks for the info.
    Burned one so far, and it scores about the same as some
    Verbatims I got from Best Buy.

Also, my standalone dvd/divx player likes them - can't go wrong.
    I may head back and pick up some more!

6. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Regular member

These are average/mediocre grade media. Verbatim and TY is better.

7. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

RitekF1, used by Maxell and other brands, appear, based on the posters' experience, to be compatible with their drives and of good quality. Testing also bears that out. The Fuji Oxonol dye (that's the F1 in the MID--each dye formulation has to be tuned for the particular stamper and its geometry, so no other dye will be applied to a substrate identified by the F) appeared to be superior to other dyes in the earliest results of long-term environmental testing. It does require a bit more laser power for recording, but following the rule of using a recording speed half that of the rated speed will pose no problem for any modern drive. (A drive requires higher power at higher speeds.) There is always the option of ignoring the facts and avoiding them altogether because someone else said so.

8. varnull

varnull Guest

I have hundreds of ritek (ridata and some obscures like arita) which have always been ok. Shame they discontinued the 8x-r in the ridata purple sleeves... those were great disks.. I burned over 10,000 and only fails I remember where when I screwed up.. G05 back then tho.. haven't seen any of these F1's.. haven't bought disks in ages.

The old adage though applies.. wait for the next batch.. Tuffdisk on very first release were ty's.. next lot horrid cmc with very bad burn characteristics.

If they like your burner and players then why not use them indeed? .. That's what it's about in the end.. making working burns with as little waste as possible eh Joe?

9. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Verbatim & TY are both better media however I've found Ritek to be fine for burning.