Anybody rent movies from RedBox.com?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by saugmon, Nov 16, 2007.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

http://redbox.com/

Looks like they'll challenge netflix,blockbuster,and most dvd rental stores. I noticed they were putting in one of their units very close to the McDonald's,where my gf works. Their website map for nearby unit that is in opperation is only 10 mins away.Looks like most McDonalds will have them.

Sounds great,rent any new release for a buck a day.Order online,they'll give you a code and you then pick them up.

They can be turned into any redbox unit in any state.They suppose to have all the newest releases on every tuesday,as well as other fairly new movie dvds.

Anyone try them?

Any thoughts?

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

It seems a very good service. Though being a UK resident I won't be able to take advantage of it :(

3. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

i use redbox all the time.....if its a tuesday new release i just go online in the morning and pay for it, you get to the box, swipe your card and it recognizes you and vends your movies. its awesome.

4. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

We don't have Redbox in my location yet. However, I use DVDFlix, somewhat similiar to Redbox kiosks for $.99 a movie.

5. dpslusser

dpslusser Member

Ya, and the best thing is. There is Promo codes you can find all the time, to get them for free. http://redboxcodes.com/

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

They got the local Redbox up and running. Signed up,selected a movie,enter credit card info, and that's all she wrote.

Then had to swipe that credit card and wait a minute for the movie to dispense. Very easy!!!

While at the unit,I tried looking for another flick using the free code Breakroom,but it wouldn't do anything. What's the secret to that? Gotta swipe a credit card again?

It kept taking me around in circles and the temp of 20 degrees F,I was freezing my a** off, LOL.