Anyone ever hear of Wow Mobile?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by KillerBug, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I've been looking to change my phone service, and I came across this company called Wow Mobile. Their whole deal sounds a lot like a scam except that I can't find anyone who has tried their product who does not like it. If you or someone you know paid money for this, and were not satisfied, please post.

Here is some information I was able to find, in spite of their terrible website.

Their Claim:
    They charge $80 a month for unlimited everything, and this includes taxes and fees...and you have to buy your own phone...and it only works with the Google G1 and "My Touch" phones (both are chipped T-Mobile units, with T-Mobile lettering and everything). They have writen some apps or a hack or something that makes the phone default to VoIP over the 3G network (T-Mobile now, they say they are adding AT&T soon...but I'll believe it when it happens).

Issues:
    -I found a similar plan from T-Mobile for $80, but the taxes and fees are over $15 per month. The phone selection is better, but they still don't have the phone I want.

-The founder of the company had a big mess of a company back in the 90's that spent a whole lotta time in court. It seems that he settled all his debts, and I can't find any convictions. I'm honestly not sure what to make of this, I would hate to hold a 10 year old, reconsiled mistake against a good man...and I know that my current provider has spent a lot of time in court as well.

-The company is set up kind of like an MLM, but not exactly...they have a deal that if you refer 3 people, you get free service for as long as they have their service. They also claim to pay a good commision to you if you can make a lot of sales...but they seem to mix these two together. Also, you can just buy the service and phone, and not sell a thing.

-One of my business associates is part of their program. He claims the phone works great, the service is free, and he has actauly made enough off of referals at his company to pay for the $400 phone. This goes a long way, and I will try the phone the next time I see him in person.

So, anyone actualy tried this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.