Apex dvd player question??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bilg25, Jul 26, 2005.

1. bilg25

bilg25 Regular member

Ive had this Apex Dvd player for sometime now, in fact probably about 3 years. It was one of the inexpensive ones and to be honest i dont know the model number right now but I've been backing up DVD's onto DVD-R's and they play fine in the player but through out the movie it seems to skip and freeze for a bit then pick back up. I'm also using TY's as my media that I bought from supermedia.com so I know its a reliable media. I'm just wondering if anyone has had problems like this and if I should get a new player or if it could be my burner. I've also updated my firmware to the latest version for my burner. My burner is a liteon and it is not even a year old and it burns movies fine and the Decrypting and Shrinking is completing successfully. I'm just up for suggestions on this one.

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Have you scanned your burn before playing it? Use DVDInfoPro as this will help you determine if it's your burner or player that's at fault ... http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  3. bilg25

bilg25 Regular member

What exactly will I look for when running this program?

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

You want to see all green blocks .. Red blocks are errors ...

5. bilg25

bilg25 Regular member

Ok thanks I'll give it a try then

6. bilg25

bilg25 Regular member

Ok catfreak, I did a scan of one of my backed up movies. There are about 15 little blocks that are red and the rest are green so this means that it's my burner right??? And another question too, can you get the read errors if your scanning your disk and it's dirty? Obviously if its scratched then i know you would probably get some read errors. Hit me up thanks!

7. catfreak

catfreak Active member

A scratched disc, a dirty disc, a bad burner or low grade media can all cause a bad scan. What brand of disc are you using?

8. gspanos

gspanos Member

9. bilg25

bilg25 Regular member

I'm using TY's as my media and I just got them the other day from supermedia.com, so it shouldnt be scratched and i cleaned the bottom even, but see the movie still burns fine it's just some parts are skipping for a couple seconds, (just enought to piss you off), then its fine again. Are newer dvd players able to play through the read errors and still play them because one of my bad discs i have wont play in mine but plays flawlessly in my friends, so I mean it has to be sort of a combination of the two not working right???