1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Pro ModChip

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by BaconX, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yeah I don't hate Swap Magic, but once you have a quality chip, you'll never go back to disc swapping or owning an unmodded console again. It cost me a little more, but it was worth every penny. I kinda snicker when I see people who have to rebuild DVD-9 games to DVD-5. Not because I enjoy seeing them struggle, because I'm happy that I can simply make a straight burn to quality DL media. Not to mention the Y-fix on the DMS 4 Pro SE and MI are near perfect, they have multi disc support for games that require a mid-game swap, have a PSX screen fix, enable region free DVD support, support loading elfs off the MC and HD Loader, auto ATAD patch, and cheat devices and emulators. Swap Magic can't touch that.

2. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Yeah my chip has that and more! Personaly I like the DMS4 Chip alot better because if your laser goes out you have the best HD Loader! Plus I use that so I don't waste money on DVD's and loading times are SSOO much faster.

3. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yep it's real good. It's definitely a good thing you listened to everyone who encouraged you to get a top tier chip. The Matrix Infinity supports loading games of a HD, you just have to install HD Advance 3.0 or patched HD loader to your MC. It's esentially does the same thing, the DMS 4 Pro SE just has that ability built into the flash. Either way, you're discless.

4. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

ahh yes but Toxic OS is constantly improving and adding game support that HD Loader and HD Advance do not currently support.

kc

5. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Always gotta have the last word KC lol. Yeah okay so Toxic OS' HD Loader is superior to HD Loader or HD Advance. You happy, lol. Cheers!

6. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

why drive a Volkswagen when you own a Lamborghini?

kc

7. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Haahaa so true but I heard the orginal make of HD Loader is taking Toxic OS .41 and combinding it with HD Loader for better compatibility.

8. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Well I don't particulary care about loading games off a HD, but if I do the MI will serve me fine. It might be silly, but I enjoy burning discs. I like burning games and movies to quality media. Maybe the MI team will put a HD Loader app into the flash, or maybe they won't. I don't really care, I don't think the MI takes a back seat to the DMS 4 Pro SE or any chip. I consider them equal. Davbere has told me from his experience, Matrix chips last longer than DMS chips.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  9. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Yeah thats true but I would be warred about your v4's laser its an old system. Even if you use good quality media it can still burn out your laser.

10. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Oh I fully expect it to go in the next year or so. $50 for a new laser isn't that bad, especially if you've invested in a good chip. HD Loader's are cool, but I have a ton of PSX games I wish to play on PS2, not to mention around 5% of PS2 games aren't compatible with HD Loader/HD Advance. It's not a big issue, but it's enough to make me not care about loading games off a HD.

11. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

I've never had any complaints out of the DMS chips I've installed or the MI, i know a DMS3 in a V4 that is left turned on 24/7 for years and it still works perfectly, doesn't have a HD and the laser works just like the day it was bought. for the life of me i can understand why this guy refuses to turn it off but he has a gamecube on another TV that is on 24/7 as well.

kc

12. saadfozi

saadfozi Member

i was planning on installing the dms pro but too bad for me, my ps2 doesnt allow that and i didnt wanna go through soldering. do u know any chips that are easy to install at home that are good for v1-v4(my ps2 is very old)
    thanks

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  13. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yeah I don't know what he bases that on, but he's done 100's of mods, so I don't question him. KC, you and him know more about PS2 modding then anybody I've talked to, hands down.

14. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Yes but Tokijin you should use HD Loader when ever the games works saves your laser and the loading times are nonexistant! PSX games have to be on a CD which I am playing FF9 such a funny game! Oh what are the posting limts to get up in rank here at afterdawn?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  15. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

the DMS4's will work in a V1-V16 you just can't use the EZI clips on those versions. and you didnt mention which of those versions you had, a V4 is a fairly easy mod compared to the first 3 and the V1-V3 there are no easy mods except soft modding.

kc

16. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Hey KC, how much would I have to pay you to install a DMS4 Pro on my v14? Chip and installation because the last guy charged me over 100$

17. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

That's pretty normal. $100-130$ are normal prices for a quality chip+intallation+shipping. I paid $100 to get my MI installed by teammodders.com.

18. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Yeah I got mine done by Norcalmods.com although he doesn't have DMS4 Pro's on his site he has them in stock really were but I know its real cuz I got the Toxic OS! YEAH

19. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

the DMS4 Pro SE is a $60 chip so over a 100 installed is ballpark for most anyone doing installs, then you have to take shipping into concideration.

kc

20. BaconX

BaconX Guest

$35 install $18 shipping at norcalmods.com what you it cost for you KC?