1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARCCOS protection

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by savy2917, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savy2917

savy2917 Member

currently useing dvd shrink 3.2 - Dvd decrypter and dvd43 but none of them will get over arccos on region 2 dvd layer cake. its one of only 10 dvd's so far with this protection from sony but there is bound to be more.Has anybody found any free software to get over this rather annoying problem

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

3. wild77

wild77 Guest

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yup, tried the psl file trick a few mins ago successfully (uk version)

Rich

5. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

The PSL trick is fine if you don't need to compress it with Shrink. If you do need to don't bother with the PSL because Shrink won't be able to read it once you do. Get the trial version of AnyDVD and run it in the background.

6. creaky

na thats not right, used the psl file trick to allow ripping of entire dvd to disc. then used shrink from there. if you're saying there's another way/quicker way, thats fine, but this way definitely worked

Rich

7. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Not true. DVDS has no problem compressing this movie after the psl file has been imported to DVDD.

8. wild77

wild77 Guest

AnyDVD may be the easier way,but Shrink and Decrypter can do the job!

9. creaky

for layer cake, i originally tried shrink with anydvd, no good. then tried decryptor with anydvd. then found the psl info and used that with decryptor - WITHOUT anydvd this time, and it sailed thru without incident.

Rich

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The newest version of AnyDVD will handel this also (just released)

11. creaky

not sure about that , i dloaded the latest trial last nite, 4581 i think it was...

Rich

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well I used the newest version (retail) and CloneDVD2 and did this movie with no problems..

13. madgreek

madgreek Guest

from Sony:

Sony DADC, your partner for high-quality and innovative solutions for DVD, offers you ARccOS™ – the new and most effective digital copy control solution available for DVD-Video. Creating unauthorized DVD copies in high-quality have become widespread and easy. The use of software for copying DVD-Video is causing significant reduction of sold DVDs, meaning enormous financial harm to your business and content owners. Every time an illegal copy is made you loose money! ARccOS™ by Sony DADC is the ultimate copy control for this format providing actual protection without interfering the entertainment experience. ARccOS™ is made for your DVD-Video, so guard your content and create!

Leading Copy-Proof Solution Sony DADC is setting the standard in digital copy control! ARccOS™ is a passive copy control technology with a dynamic copy protection system. Every single ARccOS™ guarded DVD-Video title can be equipped with a different encryption code. The digital signature protects the DVD-Video by successfully preventing 1:1 duplication, ripping, recompression and unauthorized mass replication. Now it’s up to you – face the creators of illegal copies with ARccOS™ copy control!

14. savy2917

savy2917 Member

thanks guys
    downloaded 21 day trial version of any dvd and shrink copied the dvd no problem.I am sure dvd43 3.5.2 has been upgraded to combat this as well and the big difference is its totally free !

15. savy2917

savy2917 Member

remember dvd43 3.5.2 is a totally free. if you paid for it you've been done

16. creaky

madreek you've done it again, thought i just saw your exact same copy/paste on another thread. we know what arccos is already, we don't like it, and just really want to know how to get around it

Rich

17. wild77

wild77 Guest

You can get around Arccos using Decrypter with the PSL Files or by purchasing AnyDVD which is updated regularly.If you find a disc that you can not do with Decrypter and a PSL File go to the Decrypter forums for help.There are only a small number of movies causing problems.

18. creaky

yer i know, my point was that we know what arccos and other new protections are , we do know the numerous fixes to get around this and similar films, what we don't want is numerous copy/paste posts that almost advertise arccos

Rich

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  19. madgreek

madgreek Guest

hey creaky stop following me how about that

20. creaky

lol, im no stalker, i went to 3 different forums and you'd multiposted the same erm, stuff on all of em :)

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.