ASPI PROBLEM Need HELP PLEASE !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by tjones.tx, Feb 15, 2004.

1. tjones.tx

tjones.tx Member

I need HELP, recently I downloaded a upgrade of a DVD back-up product. Every since I cannot get any program to burn a viewable back-up DVD. Prior to this download all was ok not perfect but OK. I have finally discovered my issue I think, somehow I have lost my ASPI, I have downloaded the adaptic update ASPI as well as the ASPI checker from Doom 9. The adeptic checker states that all updates are functioning properly and installed the Doom 9 checker gives me an error RED message saying the ASPI updates I have installed replaced a newer version. Now, I dont have a clue of how I lost the ASPI in the first place, but the restore option will not help me, I run Windows XP, today I am considering the purchase of Nero 6, will this program help me correct the ASPI descrepancy ? If not what can I do ?

2. forkman

forkman Member

There is something out there called Force Aspi I've just had a quick look here on afterdawn but i can't find it (but i've just got back from the pub)you run dump aspi and it gets rid of what ever aspi layer you have then run install aspi and its as simple as that.
    If you can't find it e-mail me pirate2@tiscali.co.uk and i will send it to you its freeware.
    If that dosn't solve your problem it lies somewhere else.

3. tjones.tx

tjones.tx Member

Thanks For Your Assistance and suggestions, I have the force ASPI as well as the free nero one, but once I did get the Green in the checker, indicating that ASPI was working properly, the back-up after I could not view in my player, so I bought nero, now I am trying to learn and master the shrink/decrypter burn process, we all will try easy first until problems arise, I am tired, may as well learn a better process,I have been using 321 products, but they have lots of bugs that need working out, and it does not seem that the updates are getting any better, today none of the 321 products will produce a viewable DVD back-up.