1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassins creed 2 and Aliens vs Predator not playing in 1080

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by weedge, Feb 27, 2010.

1. weedge

weedge Member

i recently bought a new monitor which fully supports 1080p. cod mw2 plays in 1080 and everything else ive attempted. but my friend brought over two new games he bought, assassins creed 2 and aliens vs predator. on the back of both the boxes it says they play in 720,1080i,and 1080p. but when i play both these games they are only running in 720p and there is no video settings in the games themselves to change this. what is going wrong here???? is there a setting i need to change on the ps3??? any advice is appreciated.

2. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

Yes you have to set the PS3 to support 1080p. It is still using the settings based on your old monitor, which probably wanst compatible. When you connected the new monitor the PS3 doesnt know and still transmits at 720p.

You have to go into the settings menu and find the display settings and tell it to configure it's settings again.

3. weedge

weedge Member

Ok ill give that a try.it just seemed stranged that the ps dashboard still ran in 1080p and then downscaled to 720p just for these two games.but ill review my settings again. Thanks