1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attn: Newbies... this is why you should NOT buy CMC MAG or any other unknown media...

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by alkohol, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

You got it. Glad you picked up on my oh so suddle hints. That being the case, I have no desire for a flame war with you. I'm sure we could go insult for insult with the best of em. If I wanted a flame war, I'd have started one in the other thread. Honestly I kind've tried to, but you didn't take the bait. Good for you. It's just people that're regular's here get tired of people defending low grade CMC Mag media, me being one of them. If you'll forgive my earlier barbs, perhaps we can move forward. They were kind of low brow. That's not my style. I get along with 95% of people here on AD. I'll be the first to admit in terms of the media manufacturing process and different quality and make of dyes, you've got me outclassed. My main area of speciality is the PS2, but I know a thing or two about good media because I've had good teachers. So I extend the olive branch, how we proceed is up to you. Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Whew! I was beginning to think I was in some kind of forum fraternity hazing for awhile. I got a nice new name out of it, though. Thanks.

Entity

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i'm beginning to think i'm in a haze now, what with all this CMC crap going on

4. ashj

ashj Regular member

I'd certainly never use them,

Each man to his own though.

5. creaky

yer, no worries, it's not you, it's the odd guy that passes thru here that tries to force everyone out there to believe that CMC are the only media worth buying/using, and that all noobs should become firmware experts/dye experts just to burn a simple disc. bizarre really

6. ashj

ashj Regular member

Talking about bizarre,

why are you still buying out the stock of verbatims (TYG02)?, there's none left at SVP for us now .

lol

7. creaky

i no i no, i keep checking every day but there's none in yet :)

8. jumpman34

jumpman34 Guest

you cant copy swap magic disks.....can you?

9. ashj

ashj Regular member

They need to be pressed to work,

better posting in the PS2 forum, get a better volume of replies :)

10. ireland

ireland Active member

JUST NEWS..

CMC reports fire at plant-assessing damage to facility

Posted by Dan Bell on 03 March 2006 - 16:14 - Source: DigiTimes

D4rk0n3 used our news submit to tell us more news from DigiTimes this morning. This fire is significant as there has been enough demand for CD recordable media, that prior to this event at CMC, there had been some talk of price increases coming soon. Considering that even though this was a smaller facility, the tightening could be worse, especially since CMC accounts for about 20% of supply of such medias. At least no one was mentioned being hurt in the blaze.

The optical disc maker said the plant, located at Yangmei, Taoyuan County, is a relatively smaller plant. Although CMC stressed that the plant's structure, equipment, and goods are fully insured, sources said CMC’s monthly capacity will be reduced by about nine million units due to the fire.

The plant accounted for 10% of CMC’s overall CD-R capacity and CMC’s CD-R discs mainly support demand from major international brands, the sources stated. Since it takes at least three months to have CD-R discs validated, second-tier makers will not be able to absorb those orders and major competitors Ritek and Prodisc Technology will be the indirect beneficiaries of the fire, the sources indicated.

Global supply of CD-R discs has been tight due to transfer of capacity from CD-R to DVD+R/-R.

With CD-R production running at full capacity now, second-tier optical disc makers have planned to raise their quotes by 3% this month, while CMC and Ritek had originally planned to keep their current price levels. However, due to the fire, CD-R prices may increase next quarter, the sources said.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13144

11. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

That's priceless. How can they say noone was hurt in the blaze? 9,000,000 CMC Mag units gave their life so that other's may live. It's good to know quality manufacturer's like CMC Mag are reislient and will be back to producing the same high grade material we've all come to know and love. CMC Mag is on fire, literally. This time the fire happened inside the plant, instead of some noobs DVD Burner.

12. vairox

vairox Regular member

wish i could run some scans like that.... cd dvd speed says function not supported on 4 diff dvd roms.... wt? any other similar tools that work on a variety of drives?

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

try DVDInfoPro

14. creaky

@ireland / Tokijin - priceless, i'll bet all the CMC advocates will be dancing in the streets due to the perfect burns all those discs made. Priceless

15. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

16. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@creaky buddy

LOL... I like this one.

17. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Killer Kitty and i have alibi's. KK was hanging out with the Stray Kats, and i was on another planet in a galaxy far far way..
    That gasoline smell? Oh, i was cleaning some parts on my jeep and the stuff must have spilt on me.. yeah, that's it.. :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  18. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Killer Kitty was hanging out with Killer Kitty Krew or KKK for short. Bad racist kitty. Hiiiiissssssssssssssssss. Sorry couldn't resist. Oh hang on it's my parole officer, "no I was busy that night..." I have to go.

19. forkndave

forkndave Member

I wish I had looked at the bottom of this disc before burning it. It would have saved some time. I don't know how it got this way. it was in the center of a spool. The one before and after it were good. I get this with every brand ocaissionally. Poor handling by someone I suppose.

Dave
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Are you sure somebody didn't switch it with Matrix media while you weren't looking? That is truly appaling. I've been experimenting with the TY DVD+R's of late. Good results, my first scan had max of 9 PIE's. That's all I can go by, as my burner doesn't support PI/PO scans without the official firmware.