1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attn: Newbies... this is why you should NOT buy CMC MAG or any other unknown media...

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by alkohol, Nov 26, 2005.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

~~~Edit~~~

Oops ;-)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  3. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

Pretty.....

[​IMG]

This was one of my first burns over 2 years ago.... what an idiot I was.....

LOL

4. ColdFyre

ColdFyre Member

Crap... I ordered 4x SPECIFICALLY.

Could anyone recommend a stable (but not TOO expensive) burner? (perhaps player as well?)

Thanks!

<--hopeing not to be a noob for long

5. ColdFyre

ColdFyre Member

oh.. and yeah.. I have 0060 as my firmwear. :(

6. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

I just bought this one here.

Only 30 bucks US, but does Dual layer, Booktype, and lightscribe. Also can burn @ 18X! I only burn @ half of what my media is rated, but it can do it just the same. For the money, this is one heck of a deal.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  7. ColdFyre

ColdFyre Member

cool deal. I'll have to try it out.

Is there a huge difference in burning quality between the TYG03 and the TY01? (Like I said in my previous post, I ordered 4x specifically, but after a burn and a test, NeroDriveSpeed said it's TYG03.

Reason I'm asking is becuase if I can use the TYG03 with that burner you recomended and they work fine, I'd rather not go through the whole RMA processes w/Meritline. If not, I'll return and try to get the TYG01's

8. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

I believe the only real difference is the burn speed. With the proper burner, burn speed, and firmware, the end result should be fine.

9. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Many of the TY users on this board will tell you that they prefere the 8X and 4X variety of TY over the 16X. I guess there are still some issues with the 16X TYs that haven't been worked out in the firmwares yet.

I only use 8X myself.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  10. forkndave

forkndave Member

I bought some value line TY 8X that turned out to be TYG03. I didn't have any problems with them. I figure that they were sold as 8X because the quality may have not been good enough for 16X. I usually get TYG02 or Verbatim MCC02RG20 (8X) and burn them at 12X with no problems. Most may want to argue with me about that but the scans from discs I burn at 4X, 8X or 12X look about the same. I don't use 16X very often because it doesn't seem to be any faster than 12X generally. I wouldn't do this with lesser quality discs, but all I buy are usually TY or Verbatim. Lately I've been getting better results with the Verbatims than the TY.

Dave