Audio CDs burned with Sony DRU-500A can't be read by car stereo!?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by poyboy19, Feb 10, 2003.

1. poyboy19

poyboy19 Member

I have been burning CD-Rs for years and my car stereo and AIWA home stereo can play them all not matter what burner or media. I got the Sony DRU-500A last month. I have burned 2 DVD-Rs sucessfully with MYDVD and they work on my DVD player(s). I updated Nero to burn some CD-Rs. I then burned 3 audio Memorex CD-Rs. They all play fine in my Sony Diskman(s) but when I try in my car stereo and my home stereo they are recoginzed but can't be read and are then ejected. I then tried using different media (TDK) and I used the program the burner came with to burn a CD. Thoose did not work either. Please help me. I have to comute to L.A. and I need my music! Thanks for your time and help!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2003
  2. poyboy19

poyboy19 Member

No one has had this problem!?

3. TokyoPete

TokyoPete Guest

Try using CD/DA sony discs to burn the audio cd.Get the latest Nero update 6.100 I think and burn the cds on the fly. They should work afterwards.
    You can also try using 800MB CDRs.

4. Autumn

Autumn Member

I burned a sony cd-r using the dru-500ax and i didnt have any problems, it could be the cd brand, personally i think memorex products are cheap pieces of crap.

5. doseater

doseater Member

poyboy19,

Try using disk at once 96 in Nero and see if this fixes the problem. It did with me,