1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio ISO files to playable DVD's

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by glasgowmaan, Jun 6, 2020.

1. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

I have an audio ISO file which I've tried, several times (6) to burn to DVD with no joy."The disc has an error".
    I've tried Windows 7 burner, IMGBurn, CloneDVD, I tried to convert the file to VIDEO TS, with no result. I installed DVDFlick, which was mentioned, and still nothing. Then I found out that I could open the ISO file with 7Zip. and realised there were files in the AudioTS folder, and nothing in the Video TS folder. I took the audio folder and tried to burn that. Nothing I have would recognise the format. Is the original ISO file corrupt, or do I need some other programme to burn it. I can't find anythng in your forum to help me, so I'm asking if there is anyone out there who can, or at least point me in the right direction. I can handle the file being corrupt but to continually burn useless discs is frustrating.
    Thanks in advance.

2. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Hi glasgowmaan-

It appears that you have an image of a DVD-Video disc with no videos. In most cases, the Audio_TS folder is empty but, if it's not, there should be nothing but files which are sort of a directory of the audio files in the videos.

What is the format of the files?

3. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

Hi wither 1. Thanks for replying.
    On extraction, a VIDEO TS folder is created but it's empty.
    The AUDIO TS folder has: BUPs, IFOs, AOBs, and two very small VOB's.
    I tried just physically changing the AOB to VOB but that didn't work either.
    The ISO is an image of a surround sound CD album. When I play it on VLC player, there is only one picture the whole way through. Don't know if that makes any difference.
    I'm at a stage where it's curiosity getting the better of me. I really prefer to have pc problems solved, so that I can deal with it in future.
    Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  4. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Ah, you have an DVD-Audio disc. To enable playback of these types of discs on most standalone DVD players, a Video_Ts track was added to fool the players into sensing the disc as a DVD-Video. I've never burned one.

Most of those discs were copy protected. I wonder if that's the issue here.

I wonder if you would upload the file to a cloud service such as dropbox.com, one drive, etc., share it, get a link and then post the link here.

5. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

I'm sorry. Tried uploading file to dropbox, took over 1hr. Then couldn't find it.
    I'll try again.

Tried again but still won't happen. I think the file is too big for the free version.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  6. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

After you upload a file to dropbox, click on Files. It should show up there.

7. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

Yeah, Hi wither 1. I did that but there were no files to show. Although the uploader had finished, it was still turning like it had something else to do. I did search on both occasions and couldn't find it. The file is 3.9G and the free storage limit is 2G. So if you're still interested and want to see the file, I could possibly send it in two parts and you could add all the files in to the one folder. (If I get the dropbox procedure correct.) :)

I'm looking at the files and I think it would have to be three uploads. There are three files just over 1G each. So I don't think I'd get two of them together. So, three uploads. I'll understand if it's too much trouble.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  8. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

If you want to upload one at a time and let me know, I can download them one at a time.

I don't understand why the ISO would be three files.

9. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

It's numerous files because I had to open the ISO with 7zip to get files small enough to upload onto dropbox.
    That gives me an AUDIO_TS folder with the BUPs, IFOs, and AOBs, and an empty VIDEO_TS folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8q6cjlpdwelwqxm/AABON6ksdFjNNBAHph8ryvSMa?dl=0

Let me know when you have this and I'll delete it and upload the next batch.
    Hope I've done this right. Thanks.

10. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Got them. After you delete the files, you will have to empty the trash.

11. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

12. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Got them.

13. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

Hi wither 1. This is the last of the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8q6cjlpdwelwqxm/AABON6ksdFjNNBAHph8ryvSMa?dl=0

Put them all, including the small VOB's, into the AUDIO_TS folder.
    Then create another folder and call it VIDEO_TS. This one is empty.
    That's how it is extracted from the original ISO file.
    Whether it's the folders or the ISO file I try to burn, I can't play the disc on a dvd player.
    I do hope you can find a solution.

14. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I'll get it tomorrow.

15. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I have tried to download the first file 4 times and each time it gets to the end and then says "failed." I have plenty of space for it. The second file downloaded just fine. Perhaps you could either try it or delete/trash it and then do a new upload.

Are you sure that none of the files in the Audio_TS folder aren't in folders of their own?

16. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I got that last file this morning. I have a feeling that you have an ISO for a double sided disc. I'm going to work with it a little and get back to you.

17. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Haven't forgotten about you. As mentioned, I think you have a double sided disc. I haven't found a website which shows the exact structure of a DVD-Audio disc. I think Plex can burn one so I might try that. I tried using Nero Burning Rom to create a DVD-Video using guess work as to which files are for one side of the disc to use to create a DVD-Video but haven't had success yet. It's complicated because normally, the Audio_TS folder is empty on that type of disc.

18. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

Hi wither thanks for your time here. Sorry I didn't reply quicker. I was expecting email to alert me of your replies but there were none. I will just log in to the forum daily and find out. Once again thanks for giving up your time.
    Oh, all files came exactly as I described, and if you need me to upload any of them again let me know.

19. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

You might check your spam folder for replies. I wasn't getting them either until I checked that folder and repeatedly, moved them to my inbox.

I'm stilling trying things in my spare time. Next week I'll be on vacation so won't be doing anything with it.

20. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

That email came through ok. Don't know what's happening.
    Anyway, that's ok. If you can let me know when/if you manage to do anything with the files, I would appreciate it.
    As I said before, it's more annoying constantly burning coasters than anything else.
    But I would like to solve the problem, so anything you can do is great.
    Thanks wither 1, enjoy your holiday.