1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Help!!! Nat Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by PuNkLiVeS, May 25, 2005.

1. PuNkLiVeS

PuNkLiVeS Guest

so basically.....everytime i try and test the port it fails!!NAT ERROR!!! NAT ERROR!!! NAT ERROR!!!....that shits annoying!!!
    im using port 6881
    and i even opened ports 6881-6889 tcp and udp.....
    dude...seriously stumped....
    i only get yellow faces!!!........geezzz....
    help anyone!!!

2. zartron

zartron Member

ahh the NAT error. the quintessential problem for azureus. it's no sweat, use ports 53000-63000 instead of the default. most people use this including myself. and another thing, make sure you've got your ports forwarded on your router and through your firewall and have both tcp and udp enabled. if you got any other probs, put them down. good luck

3. PuNkLiVeS

PuNkLiVeS Guest

[bold]
    [/bold]

a....yea so im new to this.....a...how do u forward ur ports????
    and thanks for the other tip:]

4. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Active member

didnt u forward 6881-6889 on you router or xp? If you did that do the same for the ports...

5. PuNkLiVeS

PuNkLiVeS Guest

is opening ports the same as forwarding????
    cuase wat ihave done is(i have xp)went into my network connections and messed with my windows firewall exceptions and yea...i opened 6881 through 6889 tcp and udp....so is that forwarding??
    thoughts anyone??

6. PuNkLiVeS

PuNkLiVeS Guest

at all??

7. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Active member

yeah basically, same thing, you basically told windows security firewall to allow incoming and outgoing connections on those specific ports

8. PuNkLiVeS

PuNkLiVeS Guest

ok so i found my dsl connection page and i now opened 6881 through 6889 on tcp and udp and it still says nat error.....dude wtf??
    somthing stoping things from getting through....or i also heard that u have to wait a while so that things can speed up??
    help anyone

9. PuNkLiVeS

PuNkLiVeS Guest

and thanks Jlhfit...u got my dl speed to 20 kb....better then before which was 1 to 2 kb....

10. dude845

dude845 Regular member

your internet company.

11. PuNkLiVeS

PuNkLiVeS Guest

wat about my internet company??

12. Kace

Kace Guest

Hi all , Ive read this post and been else where for the answer to cure asuseus NAT error problem. Now ive port forwarded in my router change my firewll that means ive turned firewall off setup azureus in firewall to specific ports and nothing. Now i was told to disable upnp in azureus like i had done and also nothing.
    BUT what worked for me was enabling upnp in azureus enabling pnp in windows firewall and enabling upnp in my router and walla it worked now i have all green smilies.
    Just did the opposite to what info i had received.
    Just thought i'll pass this info on! :)

13. winstonep

winstonep Member

I have no idea what's going on. Having read this thread I'm just as much in the dark!

I'm using windows firewall and a 3Com ADSL router. I've tried to open/enable (whatever we want to call it!) the ports I want to use on both the router and Windows firewall. UPNP is enabled in Azureus, just as it is on the Router. In windows firewall though, I haven't been able to add the ports to UPNP. Could this be the problem? I can't work out how to change this. Doh!

14. magaroth

magaroth Member

I am through xplornet and I always get this NAT error thing. Windows firewall is off and I don't have any other firewalls. I have tried so many ports I have no clue any suggestions?

15. Kace

Kace Guest

Yes you must make sure that all upnp is ticked or enabled. For windows firewall in xp go to control panel then into windows firewall then into exceptions then scroll down to upnp framework make sure this is ticked. Then into your router settings and enable upnp.Also make sure its enabled in azureus.
    If this does not work switch off pc unplug from mains, pick up your pc with both hands making sure not to strain the back and take a deep breath and lobb it through the closest available window.
    Then off to the nearest shop and purchase 20 beers .Sit and relax.

16. Swifty101

Swifty101 Member

i've had a lot of problems with azureus in the past, but now the default port 6881 says NAT error so i changed it to 6889 and it workds so i port forwarded 6889 to 6999 udp and tcp on my router now some downloads are working but im getting slower speades like 3kbs-40kbs and the other half of mine dont even work if u know what im doing wrong please help!!!

17. magaroth

magaroth Member

So, I know I have a problem somewhere. I have tried using BitLord, Bittorrent, BitComet. I still get the same thing. My speed goes from 2-3kb/sec to 20-28kb/sec then back down to the 2-3 mark and usually stays there. Is Azureus the only one which gives this many problems or can I just not do this anymore. Also, does anyone know if I am running through any routers with Xplornet? Like I stated earlier, I have windows firewall disabled and no other firewalls. My connection comes right out of my ethernet card to the Canopy on the roof. Any suggestions?

18. force34

force34 Guest

Thankyou Jlhfit :)

19. Riyuo

Riyuo Member

Hey, new to the forums but noticed this thread when I was looking for a solution to my NAT error in BT Azureus. Firstly I have the latest version of Zone Alarm Pro security suite and have set it up to allow incoming and out going port 6881-6889 on udp and tcp however it doesn't work, I get the NAT error and nothing works, anyone have a solution? By the way I am running a BT voyager 2100 wireless network card... XP SP2 if you want to know anything else just ask..

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  20. kratam04

kratam04 Member

I recently got a netgear wgt624 v3 with the latest firmware update. When i used to run azureus 2.2.0.2 without the wireless firewall router all was ok. When i got the wgt624 everything changed. All i get now is yellow smilley faces. I am using port 49162 in azureus 2.3.0.2, i have port forwarding set to start port 49162 end port 65535. the ip address i am unsure of, i have set it to the one automatically assisned to my computer, 192.168.0.3, could anyone please help me if i am doing anything wrong. Thank you in advance.