1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Help!!! Nat Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by PuNkLiVeS, May 25, 2005.

1. Airwolfy

Airwolfy Member

ok i know people have asked about a thousand time for help with NAT problems and i am going to do the same thing every time i go to test a port above 53,000 it just gives me this message :Testing port 53004 ...
    Unable to test: Invalid port given, or test service failed.
    Another application may already be using this port..
    (Error: Connection refused: connect).
    i am extreamly new to bit torrents and have read the little help guid on this site I am a computer programmer and my knowledge to getting past fire walls and modems is very very very low lol so i hope yall can help just tell me where to go and what to do and i will keep you posted

2. stevegg55

stevegg55 Member

Sorted my problem.
    It started after reinstalling xp with 'XP Black Heavy User'
    Reinstalled with a differant flavour (Etho) and everythings hunkydory!!

3. DSX2

DSX2 Member

Hi

I'm a having a really weird problem, When i use Azureus Firewall Test, it comes Up NAT ERROR. I am using port 59321.

It had the same problem last month, but i fixed it, I.E. Forwarded the ports in my router. It was all working great, but then i upgraded to Vista, so i'm lost, and my router has the same forwarding settings and my computer has da same Ip address

BTW i am using a HP 3.0ghz, with a Linksys Wireless Adapter connecting to a Dlink Router, running to a modem. oh and i am running Vista Ultimate

Pleas help

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Check out the various threads concerning Vista. Some have said there are workarounds with utorrent but I've yet to see them and until it's known what Bram Cohen is doing with utorrent, I'd only recommend versions before 1.6.1 and shut off automatic updating.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  5. Jeebs

Jeebs Member

hey guys

Ok i have opened ports 53245-53247 and 6880-6890 on my netgear dg632 my azureus is using port 53246 i have my windows firewall turned off and the only other program i am running is avg anti-virus. my problem is that even with all my dam ports open and firewall down i still get nat errors i have tried turning off upnp and it did nothing i tried different ports but still nothing. can anybody help me?

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

7. Jeebs

Jeebs Member

hey

hmm yer i got a static ip and im not sure why but now it doesn't have a nat error? -_- it must have changed its mind thnx for the help anyway

8. klemmy

klemmy Member

i tried using azureus a while ago. i had the nat problem issue as well. i switched to uTorrent and have been with it ever since. try www.portfoward.com. if that dont work for azureus try anothe bittorrent client.
    best of luck

9. _ReD_

_ReD_ Guest

guys.. ive read all this.. and ive tryed it.. but IDK WTF! it dont work for shit.. im sooo pissed i have to wait weeks to downlaod things... i swear my max speed is 8-9kbs ussualy is 5-6 kbs... its bad.. it pisses me off.. so please i need someone to contact me and walk me trough steps or do it for me with somethign like www.logmein.com or something. Please.. someone help, add me my AIM and MSN are FreddMb13@Aol.com I really need help, so please someone help me. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I got DSL
    D-LINK - 600
    Windows XP

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Edit out your email, it's against forum rules to post it and a good way to get spammed. As your router isn't listed at port forward (I don't think), this is a bit more complicated but can be done. You may have to contact Dlink or find a Dlink with a similar layout to yours; I had to do both those things at one time and Dlink was very helpful. First, is your ISP listed here: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs not much use port forwarding if they throttle you. You may also need a static ip address if your router is assigning you a new one each time you restart, again, forwarding would be useless. Go to start>run, type in cmd or command and select ok. Now, in the black box (command prompt), type ipconfig/all and select enter on your keyboard. Make a note of your ip address there and type exit and hit enter and shut off your computer for 10 minutes and upon restarting, check it again. If it has changed (eventually it may), it needs to be static, not hard to do and won't mess anything up (can undo it), the only thing to watch for is if the DNS server is the same as the Default Gateway (your router_ probably 192.168.0.1)and in the guide: http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm Also, if you haven't, set Protocol Encryption: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674 and disable UPnP: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/UPnP and use a port over 50,000.

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  11. charchar5

charchar5 Member

Hello I am new to this forum,

I am having some problems with my Azureus client. When i have UPnP enabled in Azureus my download speeds are excellent, but I am unable to do anything else. Azureus seems to hog up all the bandwidth from my router when UPnP is enabled. I cant surf the net, play online games, or connect to any kind of server. If i disable UPnP then everything is fine but my download speeds with Azureus are very low (around 30kB to 70kB) as opposed to 300kB to 600kB with UPnP enabled. Also when UPnP is enabled my wireless connections don't work. My laptop and other desktop computer cant seem to get any bandwidth from my router. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I am using a LinkSys WRT54GL with DSL

Thanks!

12. mistycat

mistycat Active member

No idea if this helps; from Azureus Wiki: "WRT54G v4(/5?) - doesn't do UDP/TCP on same port properly - use different ports for the 'Incoming TCP Listen Port' and UDB. Also disable the UDP tracker protocol if needed. User has reported that with v5 a hard-reset of the router was needed to get things working". Also, try limiting your speeds.

13. KingBasil

KingBasil Member

At the moment I've got pOrt 54000 inaccessible as "your computer refused" but it's working fine, I've got an upspeed of 8kb/s which is rubbish - I've been into windows firewall and enabled 50400 but not sure why it's still saying refused.

I'm using vista with the windows firewall so if anyone knows about this i'd be grateful!

14. KingBasil

KingBasil Member

OK I've messed around in Windows Firewall now it says NAT OK and has a green symbol but when I try the test it still says

"Testing port 50400 ...
    NAT Error - Connection to 172.203.173.88:50400 (your computer) refused."

Down speeds are only 12kb/s when normally it's around 110kb/s. Any ideas?

15. KingBasil

KingBasil Member

GOod News, I sorted the firewall problems.

Just one question: Is it normal for speeds to fluctuate, e.g. at the moment I'm running 3 up and 3 down and upspeed is always maxing out but download speed is sometimes down around 9kb/s and the highest I've seen it today has been around 57kb/sec. Is that normal on a 1MB ADSL??

16. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Speeds will fluctuate depending on a lot of factors; connection to seeds and peers, number of, at what point your download is in relation to peers, etc. My speeds can vary from 5 kbps to hundreds on the same torrent at various times. Incidentally, the number of downloads will have an effect on your speed, you're sharing your bandwidth between them.

17. slimy120

slimy120 Member

Umm yo how do we put a picture in our signature. if you read this like ever pease tell me! ty

18. KingBasil

KingBasil Member

OK silly question now, Azureus doesn't start up when I boot up, I can't find the setting either, anyone help? Thanks :D

19. mrityusam

mrityusam Member

hi
    i dont no about my router nor have any idea of port forwarding

please help how can i know about my router from my computer

only then ican use your tips

i have 100mbps dsl cable connection can anyone help me that how i can know about my router

20. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Do you know that you use a router, if not, you don't need to port forward? I don't know if you can obtain router info on your computer but there may be a sticker on the bottom, side, etc. Also, a modem has 1 connection point for a computer where a router usually has several. This should tell, too, but I can't swear to it. Go to start>run, type in cmd and ok. In the next box, type ipconfig/all, make a note of the Default Gateway and exit. In IE (not Firefox, etc), type in that address and select enter and you will either get page will not display or similar for your modem or a page asking for a password/username for your router. The odd modem may contain a firewall and open but a router won't.