1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Help!!! Nat Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by PuNkLiVeS, May 25, 2005.

1. 2bigdogs

2bigdogs Guest

All my port info, forwared ports, open ports etc. are right (as far as i know) I am still getting green faces but my d/l speed went from as high as 300k to now cruising around 20-30k. Is there something I'm missing? Help...

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

What ports are you using ?

3. 2bigdogs

2bigdogs Guest

In Azereus's configuration wizard I am using 6883 I have it bound to local I.P. 10.0.1.201, in Tiger's Firewall I have 6881-6999...

4. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

6881-6889 are blocked or choked by many ISP's as they are know torrent ports. Use a different range of ports.

<EDIT>

They are also increasingly blocked by torrent trackers. Pick a range of maybe 5 ports in a range somewhere above 15000 (you have over 65000)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  5. darthme

darthme Member

I changed my port range to be 49300 to 51000 and found that my download speeds dropped significantly. I have since put my settings back to the default and speeds have increased. I guess my isp is not blocking them. I think also it is important to change the settings as per my last post as that will improve the rate in which data flows according to your connection speed. It is important to note that the upload speed of you connection is what determines everything in terms of settings. Also if your D/L speed drops when you get to 80% or so it is probably caused by the amount of seeders you have online. Peers will supply you with where they are up to on the download but you need plenty of seeders online to get the complete download. HOPE THIS HELPS

6. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Did you also change your firewall and portforwarding to reflect the changes? - if so did you leave 6881-6889 forwarded also?

not true, this is determined by many factors.

* Number of seeders.

* Availability and speed of seeders.

* Your upload speed is only detrimental to your download speed if you are choking your connection i.e. if 25k is available and you have set the client to use 25k, you have not left any room for communication overheads and other outbound requests (tracker updates etc.)

It's not really a question of where they are up to. 'pieces' are downloaded at random. For example if there are 10 pieces, they dont nescessarily come to you in order 1,2,3,4....etc they will come as initiated by the remote seeder, or requested by your local client.

If your interested in how torrents work, there is alot of information on the following site:

http://www.slyck.com/bt.php

7. darthme

darthme Member

Mmmmm yeah ok. I have been lessoned there but you wont give me the ports you use, interesting. Real help would be better than a lecture on how torrents work. PORTS GIVE ME THE PORTS!!!!

and yes i know about the firewall and how you have to change that as well...sort of goes without saying that one. I also waited the 30 mins between port changes. I have noticed that people don't ever offer the exact ports to use.....why? I am not an ISP spy.

8. KurisuTM

KurisuTM Member

[bold]darthme[/bold] - People probably don't post because maybe they don't want too many people using their ports? Who knows? I'm just guessing, so don't lash at me if I'm wrong. I belive someone earlier stated that 6881-6889 are ports that are commonly known, thus anyone using them would probably get slower downloads. I'm getting faster d/ls than I was before and green, ever since I changed all the port numbers to 5-digits. Use any between 42000 - 65000. Something like that. I'm using 4915# Just replace the # with any number. Yea okay hope that helps. Make sure you change all your port information to that. I have NAT testing OK now.

9. darthme

darthme Member

LEGEND! thanks

10. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

People dont want others using the same ports because the more random we keep it the less likely our ISP's are to spot it and choke them.

darthme - The PM system is for questions unrelated to the thread - If you have a question related to the current thread, it is beneficial to all reading it if you ask it here. The attitude in your last PM was unnescessary and unwelcome. Further PM's of this sort will be forwarded to site moderators.

With regard to your question there is no list of ports you should use, only a list of ports you shouldnt

The blocked ports list include, but is not neccessarily limited to, the following:

Direct Connect
    411 - 413
    Kazaa
    eDonkey
    Gnutella
    6346 - 6347
    BitTorrent
    6881 - 6889

Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  11. darthme

darthme Member

Attitude is hard to guage in text if you thought I was being rude I apologise that wasn't the intent.... maybe a little tongue in cheek. Anyhow the ports needed have been given by someone else so yeah

12. KurisuTM

KurisuTM Member

^ Did any of the information I gave you help you? I just want to know becuase I don't want to go around giving the wrong information lol.

13. bldxyz

bldxyz Member

Ah, kind folks. I have read and researched and read and read. I cannot for the life of me figure this out.

- I have tried various port combinations: 5881, 35001, 41953, etc.
    - I have used the instructions on PortForward.com

To try to isolate the problem, I temporarily disabled my firewall. Just plain ran naked. I use the Configuration wizard to test a port, and no matter what I enter, I get NAT error.

Someone mentioned something about the modem. I didn't think I could address the modem - don't know how.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone see a hole in what I've tried?

14. godden16

godden16 Guest

alright all?
    right theres sumthing ive got to ask cna u config norton to open ports if so how?

15. clcbrd

clcbrd Member

I am new at this program and just downloaded the program and I tryed to download a movie and I had really slow speeds like under 30k. The movie was trying to dowmload was a dvd rip. A freind told me I should look for avi files and I could not find any if someone could help me with this that would be great. Thanks

16. BigVernUK

BigVernUK Member

Try Torrentspy.com or mininova.org and look for movies with .avi at the end or ones that say they are an xvid or divx rip, they're normally the best quality and usually around the 700mb mark!

Hope that helps marra

17. darthme

darthme Member

bldxyz,

Do you have NAT firewall on your adsl router and xp firewall running at the same time? Did you set up port forwarding on the firewall you are using for azureus? you will only get a Nat error if you haven't got port forwarding enabled on the port azureus is using.

Anyone got a good port they have tried and can post it here?

18. ariisadog

ariisadog Member

Newbie here
    I have 2 IP addresses LAN and WAN on my linksys - which to I use to stop the NAT error?
    I'm currently using 192.168.1.1 like it said in the instructions

19. Phippsy05

Phippsy05 Member

I have the problem still i use,

Zonealarm (but disabled when testing NAT)
    Zoom X3 5560 ethernet modem
    Kcorp KLG-575 wireless router.

I still get NAT error, when i open routers ports (through virtual server). Is my modem also a router so do i need to foward through that too. And also does the router and modem also have a firewall, so do i need to foward through them!!...aggh.
    Another thing is, ive heard that, i need to buy a static ip from my ISP (virgin.net)??

Isnt there another program lke azureus, but without all this hassle.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  20. willgw

willgw Member

Hi Everyone,

I've read the post above and everyone seems to be saying pretty much the same thing, and I understand the principles. Unfortunately my router isn't covered on the portforward website. My router is a Trendnet TEW-435, if anyone can advise me how to forwar ports using this that would be great.

I have managed to download torrents using Azureus before but its stopped working. Port 38 has worked in the past, at least it was OK according to the NAT tester, but now its stopped working. Anyone got any ides?

Am also using Panda Titanium 2006 firewall, but have configured it to always allow incoming and outgoing connections for Azureus so i'm not sure if this is relevant. Again, nowhere in my Panda settings can I find a dialogue box to specify which ports to allow for incoming TCPs etc.

Thanks for any help,
    Will.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005