1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Help!!! Nat Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by PuNkLiVeS, May 25, 2005.

1. AgKnight

AgKnight Guest

[bold]HOW TO SET UP AZUREUS[/bold]

Alright, this is the definite guide on how to set up Azureus so that there is no more of those NAT errors. Step by step, here goes.

1. Go to http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm and follow it step by step. Please, do not skip anything, it is all necessary.

2. Once that it done, your firewall may still be blocking it out, so go into your firewall menu, this could be Noton Security, Windows Firewall, or in my case, Trend Micro PC-Cillin. Go into the exceptions list and click the icon that says "add" or "add exception" or something to that effect. Add Azureus, type in the port that you selected in step one, go "Browse" and find the application itself (this is probably C:\Program Files\Azureus\Azureus.exe), then the firewall will allow Azureus through.

3. [bold]THIS IS THE STEP THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.[/bold] In Windows Firewall, if you are using it (do not worry if you do not use it, I will provide instructions for other firewalls) go into the exceptions list (control panel -> windows firewall -> exceptions) and tick UPnP Framework. It should now be fine. IF you do not have Windows Firewall, move onto 3 (alt)

3. (alt) If you do not have Windows Firewall, follow these instructions.

a) open the firewall you use, go into the exceptions list, and make a new exception. Call it TCP 2869. Ensure that it works for all applications, make it outgoing, ensure that in the "Protocol" section "TCP" is selected. In "port(s)" or whatever it is called in yours, type 2869.

b) repeat a, but this time make it incoming.

c) Make a new exception called UDP 1900. Ensure that it works for all applications, make it outgoing and ensure that in the "protocol" section, UDP is selected.

d) repeat C, but make it incoming.

You should now get green smilies all the time! (and it should run faster too)

Yes, this actually works.
    --------------------------------------------
    EDIT: I actually find that other programs are even more frustrating than Azureus. If you want to watch movies and listen to music without all this hastle, go down the street and pay for a DVD or a CD.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2005
  2. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

Ok this doenst get to specific with the details if you dont have Windows Firewall...I have McAfee Firewall. I've gone through almost every single tut out there that doenst give you the NAT Error. Yet none work. I've done every single thing possible the only thing I have been able to do is learn an ass load of new stuff about ports and connections but everything else seems like a waste of time......if someone......anyone can actually help me in anyway..I would greatly appreciate it.

3. tantrick

tantrick Guest

I have to give a million thanks to you, Scrin. That is such a comprehensible site to assist idiots like just that despite my substantial reading on port forwarding. We are still in the dark with all the technical terms.

Thank for showing us the site and make us change the port forwarding like a pro.

You are a star.

4. miniperez

miniperez Guest

OK i really need some help you guys so i hope you are ready for the challenge.

Ok so im running an ad hoc network at my house for those of you who dont know what that is it is a wireless peer to peer connection. So you have the "base" computer that connects to the internet using windows internet sharing and beaming the signal to my client laptop. The laptop recieves 11Mbps. So i have the ips statically assigned the host computer is 192.168.0.1 and my laptop is 192.186.0.2 i have disabled windows firewall on both computers and shutdown zonealarm on both computers but it still says there is a problem with the distrabution database udp port mapping(nat) so i dont know what to do no firewalls are on at all so i dont see how anything can be wrong. I have the Distrabution DB set to the default port of 6881. Iam using a westell dual link 6100 dsl modem dont know if that has to do with it. But any help on this would be greatly appreciated, all i want to do is torrent the best program on the earth: LIGHTWAVE 8.2!!! The program they made the Matrix with.

5. chucky90

chucky90 Member

AgKnight, your guide somewhat worked, because now out of 3 downloads (1 is paused) i have only one of them a green smiley and a significant jump in dl speed (from the avg. 3.2 kbps to 20 kbps).The other one is still a blue face with the same slow dl speed of 3 kbps. This is kinda strange cuz i have a wireless network with 54mbps transfer rate. PLEASE HELP!!!

6. turkeyyyy

turkeyyyy Member

Hi, i need some help on Azereus. I am using the router DI-624 and im pretty sure i post forwarded the ports. But when i looked to see what happend in Azereus i noticed the downloads went up to arund 70kb/s but suddenly dropped back down to 800bytes/s and has stayed there. How can i fix it so that it can download properly. Im using a laptop with wireless connected through my computer's router. Can anyone help me please?

7. ladylinz

ladylinz Member

Hello all.
    Ive just downloaded this shit and its not working for me! Ive tried changing the ports from 6881 to 16881 and then again to the ones suggested in this topic... And all it says is ''Unable to test''...?? And im not even getting any yellow faces! all i have is red faces...?

I think i set it up i choose only outbound something or another... how do i change it to inbound and outbound???

8. JrFromTX

JrFromTX Member

i'm getting a NAT error but i don't have a router. I run directy through the ethernet port installed in my house. any suggestion on how to fix this issue. i opened ports 6881 ~ 6889 but still a no go. i would appreciate any helpful ideas.

9. Blasphemy

Blasphemy Member

okay for those of yous that are gettin low speeds, ask yourselves - am i using a public tracker to download from ?

-------------------------------------------------------
    thats most likely why your gettin slow download speeds .. coz public trackers (public torrent sites) dont have a ratio system that every user goes by.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    and heres some useful info -

[bold]Why do I get a "rejected by tracker - Port xxxx is blacklisted" error?

Your client is reporting to the tracker that it uses one of the default bittorrent ports (6881-6889) or any other common p2p port for incoming connections.

TorrentBytes does not allow clients to use ports commonly associated with p2p protocols. The reason for this is that it is a common practice for ISPs to throttle those ports (that is, limit the bandwidth, hence the speed).

The blocked ports list include, but is not neccessarily limited to, the following:

Direct Connect
    411 - 413
    Kazaa
    eDonkey
    Gnutella
    6346 - 6347
    BitTorrent
    6881 - 6889[/bold]

that information was taken from the private tracker i use - http://torrentbytes.net/ so credits go to the FAQ writer

----------------------------------------------------

that being said - do a google search to see if your ISP is shaping speeds to torrent clients

and use ĀµTorrent - best torrent program iv come across, and trust me when i say iv tried most of them out. This program has very low system useage ... if not the lowest of torrent clients and hasnt been banned from private tracker (because theres no reason for it to be)

link to ĀµTorrent's offical website - http://www.utorrent.com/

also to those trying to get into a private torrent site torrentleech is open for registration, but be warned you have to give back what you took.

torrentleech link - http://www.torrentleech.org

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  10. turkeyyyy

turkeyyyy Member

im getting really low speed's still, like it goes high for a second? then decreases back to around 100bytes? and im downloading from boxtorrents.com It might be my router since on my computer back when i was connected to the internet i used to get 80 kb/s+ but now it's really low and i've set my ports to 53000 but that's slow? how can i fix this? im confused ><" im not good with router's or anything.

11. DarkGrif

DarkGrif Guest

i choose azeureus cause it simple to set up
    1st cause if you got The UPNP enable it (in your bios and router)
    Azeureus with UPNP is so easy after to set up even if not with UPNP
    but might be tricky if you got a router

once you done that you have to know your internal ip adress (just double click on your local area network connection icon next to your clock you'll see your ip there (id adress not the mask or gateway)

after that go on your router (192.168.1.1 if you got a linksys router some version is 192.168.1.0)

once your in just click on port forwarding or aplication and gaming (version again)
    now just add the 6881 to 6889 in udp and tcp at your adress that should be (192.168.1.x wich x can change thats why you need to check your internal ip)

do the same thing for the foward port you choose in azureus (take a high 1 like 65656 in udp and tcp as long it's in the range of between 42000 - 65000)

now Azureus should work fine and btw don't forget that bit torrent takes about 30 min to get your full speed if it's not working check in pluging upnp you'll see all the fowarding (mapping) last 1 of the list will be the port you choose

UPnP: Mapping 'UDP tracker client port (UDP/65656)' established
    UPnP: Mapping 'Incoming Peer Data Port (TCP/65656)' established

if you see that all is working fine if your smiley still not green try an other tracker it can be that too

hope this will help you alot cause since i get azeurus with upnp capability my speed is so better now

12. mrprince

mrprince Member

ok I have this problem with Azureus and NAT. I'd like to point out that I tried utorrent as well and it didn't work. Anyway I've read quite a bit about this and well I'm confused. Anyway here's my problem.

I've been running BT for a long time, almost a year and this happened once before to me, but it was fixed after I changed ports. However, this previous week that happened again. I tried changing ports but it kept saying NAT error. After reading various threads about it, I changed ports outside the defaults. I am not running on a router so I didn't see the need to port forward. Anyway my issue is mainly with the fact that the NAT test says "OK!" on every port and yet my downloads remain at 0 or under 1kb/s (normally I'm around 50kb/s). I'm mostly stuck on red smileys, but sometimes I get yellows, blues and even greens. I'd like to know why this is happening and how I can fix it.

13. DayDreamR

DayDreamR Guest

Im using D-Link AirPlus Utility and...i get NAT errors..and i cant fix them i read alot and i still get NAT error...some guy said about putting ur Ip in ur internet search bar and all i get is This page does not exist...man im getting to 'ticked' from this..its been like 3 days and i still cant get it fixed...also how do u find ur router..im using wireless... if u wanna msg through e-mail its midget_cricket297@hotmail.com (not a midget) please help..it would be very helpful... thanks alot.... PEACE

14. nctw123

nctw123 Member

does it matter if you have a green or yellow smiley...?

15. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

Yes!!, if ur always yellow it means u have NAT problems and ur not fully connectable, and obviously if ur green ur connected ok.

Take online NAT test to see if ur open:

~*~ https://grc.com/x/portprobe=

....after = put in port # ur using, leave client on and hope it comes back as "open!".

Hope this helps, let me know if u still have troubles ;-D

16. nctw123

nctw123 Member

but i have no idea what the hell im doing!

17. helpme137

helpme137 Guest

hello every1..
    rite im a total idiot when it comes to computers and i have no idea...i have a belkin54g router and am using azureus 2.4.0.0
    i rely need sum 1 help because i have nat errrors with everything i do and i dont understand anything co i have yellow smileys all the time.
    can someone please help me cos at the moment im downloading in b/s!
    please be really simple because im shit with tecnical terms and complcated
    im a total blonde

18. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

19. dudeface

dudeface Member

Thanks for your help fellas, esp cbrook and agknight. got azureus dwlding at last! Had NAT and DHT problems, but this forum and portforward.com had enough info.

If ur a noob like me, it's essential to read up on http://www.portforward.com/ and get your basic understanding on what portforwarding is.

Otherwise, make sure you portforward for both TPC and UDP for both your router and your firewall.

20. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

^^this is all very true^^

I'm glad u got it working and I'm happy to help ;-D