1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Help!!! Nat Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by PuNkLiVeS, May 25, 2005.

1. Amelinda

Amelinda Member

Im about 80% sure its my router who's causing the NAT problem, cause before I had one, all I got was green smileys ;)

2. hafar543

hafar543 Member

Hi all, I'm having some rough time trying to forward my dsl modem. I've looked at www.portforward.com and used the guide to create a static ip address. I type it into my browser, and it times out saying it cannot be found. I would like to get rid of the NAT Error, please help!

3. richiekuk

richiekuk Member

Hi, am new to all this. I cant get downloads with azureus over 5-6 kb/s.
    I've followed most of the instructions i can find.
    I have enabled the port through my firewall (windows) I also have norton, but don't even know if thats a firewall or just antivirus.
    I've set up azureus as per loads of sites and still get shit speeds. Am well pissed off.
    Please help

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

richiekuk

u said u fowarded the ports in ur firewall, but have u done it with ur router if u use one?

5. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

This is me officially stating that I'm not helping anyone else in this thread. It's been stated bunches NOT to add your problems onto another post, and since everyone's stumbling over each other, it's hard to actually try to provide any help.

If you'd like my help, make a thread in this forum w/ your specific problem, unique to you. You'll find that you get much better responses that way anyway.

I mostly guarantee anyone that 99 times out of 100 I can diagnose your problem in the first 5 minutes, but this trainwrecked thread isn't the place to do it.

Thanks!

6. richiekuk

richiekuk Member

i dont use a router

7. Wristen

Wristen Member

k, I just got a macbook (first time on a mac) and I downloaded Azureus for OSX successfully but everytime I go to open it, it tries to open, and then completely closes down again. I don't even know what the main screen of Azureus looks like. Anyway, sorry to thredjack but any help would be amazing.

8. secondsix

secondsix Member

hey guys, i am new to the whole azureus thing, i used to live with a computer tech that helped me out, but now i need help!!!! i just downloaded azereus and am now trying to download an awsome anime called bleach, but nothing is happening! please help! and when u explain, could u explain it like your talking to an idiot? because in reference to computers, i am. thanks!

9. bhavin

bhavin Regular member

I have a NAT problem too but I'm a total newb, how do I forward my port on my router and have tcp and udp enabled? Can someone walk me threw this in a newbish way? Thanks.

10. loann2846

loann2846 Member

Azureus 2.5.0.0 does not stop my PC going into standby when there are still torrents downloading. Anyone can help me set it up to avoid standby while downloading? Thanks.

11. HumRose

HumRose Member

I need advice for dummies. I have a college school router and firewall to work with. How on earth do i open a port to run azureus?

12. Ruffus55

Ruffus55 Member

I got a nat error to but i dont have any firewalls or a router

13. Ruffus55

Ruffus55 Member

Well the solution to my problems was that my isp closed some of my port because of an infection from a virus.

14. misterJ

misterJ Member

hi all. ive been using azureus for about 12 months now, but recently upgraded from my netgear router to a dlink dgl4300 gaming router.

i do not have an NAT problem, however, i have an issues where the dht is always shown as firewalled. i have forwarded port 55000 tcp and udp on my router, following portforward.com's advice. i have also configrued an inbound filter for azureus on my router to allow all ip's.

i do NOT have a firewall running as im tryin to cut down on possible errors here.

anyway, what im wondering is why, for about 2 minutes, the dht was fine, and then it reverted to saying dht firewalled, agaon, and went back to the other port i set for my azureus forwarding, which was 46550.

how can i have NO NAT issues but have a problem when forwarding the udp port?

also, does azureus require more a range of ports to be forwarded, rather than just 1?

15. mattdogg

mattdogg Member

Hey ok i just downloaded azureus thinkin that i would be able to use it with ease while im in college since im not able to use limewire or any other p2p software because they block it. So when i started azureus it did the test and then it kept sayin nat error i read the messages and couldnt get anything out of it because one i dont have a router and im using windows firewall and i have no idea how to foward ports and all that could someone please explain it to me on the slow level that i am on on this subject lol

16. smackrat

smackrat Member

hey, i need some help. I used to use utorrent worked fine on past computers but on my new computer it keeps restarting randomly. im not new to downloading and im sure that its all set up preoperly (port forwarded on xp and router) it all works fine bar the random restarts. ive swapped to azureus and the problem persists although it gives a log of what happened and went wrong. i could upload these if some1 knows what they mean!!! if not does ne1 know who i should ask for help? any helps appreciated

17. smackrat

smackrat Member

mattdogg, go to portforward.com real useful its how i learned. it all depends on the router as far as i know. port forwarding is putting specific holes in ure firewall so that data that u want (i.e the downloads!) can get through. its just a matter of adjusting xp to allow it (utorrent a really gd download client for torrents) does this automatically for the xp part. as for the router... try typing http://192.168.0.1 into ure browser, prob specific to my router but worth a shot. if something does happen type in admin for the username and password for the password. then go from there. prob dont work but worth a shot!

18. smackrat

smackrat Member

mr j u prob know what ure doin but in the past i only opened 1 port and all stopped. u want more than 1 port open. my advice is for the classic config of 6881-6889 ports open

19. maddogjs

maddogjs Member

I was fine one moment until my router stop mapping upnp correctly so I had to stop using that feature. i forwarded a port to fix the problem and it did. until one day it said i got a nat firwall problem i allowed azureus unlimited access through my firewall. Maybe it will still block the ports i don't know. so I enabled the ports throught the firewall. Now nat is cool but dht is down.

20. mbmak

mbmak Member

This link is wonderful.

I finally understand how to this stuff. Now my speeds are as high as I could ever want. Thank you so much!!