1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Help!!! Nat Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by PuNkLiVeS, May 25, 2005.

1. gastro

gastro Member

Just found this forum and it made interesting reading, I have never had any problems using Azureus, always had green smileys (am i lucky or what?). THe only thing I change is the ports in Azureus - Options and it seems to work. Presently downloading at 110kb/s so cannot complain.

2. bkbyrne

bkbyrne Member

All,

I'm stumped! I have no firewall and no router. According to my provider I have upload speeds of 512kb and download speeds of 1mb. There is a contention ratio of 30:1.

I use my work pc at home and can access a Virtual Private Network with no bother at all.

Not sure if any of this info helps.....but I have miserable speeds and yellow Nat Errors when i use azureus. I have read about port forwarding etc on the net but makes no sense to me. Does anyone think they could help? and if so would they mind taking me step by step..........I would be very greatful.

Many Thanks,

Barry

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

4. bkbyrne

bkbyrne Member

Mistycat,

Thanks for the reply and I have to say I seem to be getting better rates, up to 100kb in one instance! However it seems to differ greatly between files.

When you say pick a port over 50000 do you mean simply enter it into Tools, Firewall test or do I need to configure anythin in my windows network settings. I know this question might sound foolish...but I really don't have a clue!

thanks again,

Barry

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I don't use Azureus so I don't know where the setting is but Azureus prefers ports between 47,000 - 70,000 (about). Any should do except the default. Azureus is all you need to configure and also allowing it through any firewall you have when it asks. 100 kbps is a good speed and it may take up to 1/2 hour to totally connect depending on number of seeds and peers and also how much of the file you have and other peers have. Speeds are dependant on that.

6. bkbyrne

bkbyrne Member

Again......thanks a Mill!

I've been entering these number but all report a NAT error....I'll keep trying obviously there are a lot to try!

I notice I'm still yellow. my speed is rising above 100kb but drops then picks up etc. This might be becaus of the port issue?

Anyway i'll keep trying to find a port and thanks for the help, at least I can start downloading some stuff.

cheers,

Barry

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Speeds rising and falling is totally normal and nothing to do with ports. You're constantly gaining and losing connections and each has different settings. Also try ports 443, 1720 or 8080; they may work as other proceesses use them.

8. Rick100

Rick100 Member

hey im new with azureus can someone tell me how to change to bigener

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

@Rick100, not sure what you want to change but I'll assume speeds. What is your ISP and are you aware if it throttles torrents (not much you can do but try enabling encryption if it does), do you have a router and have you port forwarded it, what port do you use, do you have a dynamic or static ip address?

10. Rick100

Rick100 Member

its ok i found it but do you know how to search for application, photo, video, music and/or music?

11. mistycat

mistycat Active member

The best search site I've seen is btjunkie. I also like Frostwire.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  12. KingBasil

KingBasil Member

I'm having probs with Azureus - it claims there is a Firewall/NAT reachability problem and shows red, consequently any torrents show in yellow but the speed is fine... I tried again to change the port numbers and enable those on my firewall but no change there, what's going on???!

13. mistycat

mistycat Active member

What ISP are you with - they may be throttling torrens? See if you're on this list: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs What port do you use - Azureus prefers ports in the 47,000 - 70,000 range (about) and don't use the default? Are you using a static or dynamic address - if it's dynamic and changing on you, any port forwarding will be useless. You could also try enabling encryption, it's a little way down this page: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674

14. KingBasil

KingBasil Member

Hey there

Thanks for the reply - I'm using port 53000, it's been entered on my router as per instructions and it's actually working fine with ok speeds but all the torrents stay yellow and the firewall/nat blob is now red.

I'm using AOL (UK) and port 53000, static IP address according to AOL. It's not on that list of bad ISP's that I could find either. :-(

15. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Enabling encryption then is all I could suggest and make sure the address from ipconfig/all you forwarded is entered correctly.

16. Phoenix3

Phoenix3 Member

hi, well basically azureus is'nt doing its job...I can't download anything. I'm a complete torrent novice btw, I've downoaded some .torrent files i want, then i open one of them in azureus and the download progress just stays on zero and thats it. I have the red frown thing ans its so so so annoying that nothing happens. I am connected to the internet...or i would'nt be posting this...I played a game online a minute ago so I recon my connection really should be ok. Here's the general transfer info:
    Transfer
    Time elapsed: 2h 3m 09s
    Downloaded: 0 B
    Uploaded: 0 B
    Seeds: 0 connected
    Swarm Speed: 0 B/s
    Peers: 0 connected
    Tracker Status: Connextion error (timeout)

and everything else is zero, apart from the 'download remaining' section obviously.

Its not my firewall because I've turned that off and tried and it still does'nt work. I use bullgaurd btw.

Also, two other file sharing programms I use don't work...they seem to experiance the same problem (those programs being limewire and morpheus)

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ty

17. mistycat

mistycat Active member

18. Unearthly

Unearthly Member

Hey your in the UK so you might be able to help me with a NAT problem on Azureus. I have a 4m broadband connection with NTL (dont think the modem has a router). Running norton firewall only. I have followed wiki's Nat problem page to the letter and still that doesnt fix the problem. Oh, by the way, as you may have guessed I am a newbie.

19. Phoenix3

Phoenix3 Member

yeah, thanks 4 the help guys, my ISP is on that list you said...I'll probably change it...on reflection I recon it is my connection, if i keep connecting and disconnecting azureus works say 1 in 10 times and then my connection slowly fades...thanks anyway

20. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Phoenix3, you could try ports 443, 1720 or 8080, other processes use them, may help.