1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Help!!! Nat Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by PuNkLiVeS, May 25, 2005.

1. souljah

souljah Member

hey guys. i think i may have a bigger problem!!!????!!! I have azureus running of a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 router. Well its a wired connection to my main PC. i have attempted to port forward, and the port number is 49690. I have allowed both the windows xp firewall and my router to let azureus use the internet and run properly. In azeureus both 'Ratio' and 'NAT OK' are green. :) BUT........... when i run the NAT/FIREWALL test i get an error. Not just any error, it says

" Testing port 49690 ...
    NAT Error - Connection to 62.252.64.16:49690 refused."

I mean whats the deal with that. I cant find anything on the internet relating to this problem, hence me asking you guys. Can anyone help me please!!!!

ps/ i can still download, but i believe that it has slowed down due to the problem.

Thanks

2. 4672952

4672952 Member

this is really pissing me off. i hope someone can halp me out cause i ran out of ideas. i have XP service pack 2 and Netgear router. I have opened port 16882 TCP/UDP, i even checked it and it said its open, azureus is set to port 16882. I have the UPnP enabled on all azureus, router and firewall, ive tried and when its not enabled it wont download at all. the NAT status at the bottom of the screen is always geen and it sais ok. the health of the torrents is always green smileys. I have cable internet that i ran a speed test and it said around 3mbps down and 400kbps up. my torrent speed wont go above 10 kbps on each torrent!!!! ive been shitting bricks trying to make it speed up and i get no results. can anyone help?

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

4. ariestom

ariestom Member

OK guys, It is really not that hard to get it done.
    First:
    Go to Windows XP Firewall in the Security Center.
    Click on Exeptions
    Add Port
    Give the Port a NAME like AZUREUS
    Type the Port RANGE like 58000
    Click on TCP
    Done

Second:
    Go to Windows XP Firewall in the Security Center.
    Click on Exeptions
    Add Port (Since you're already in Exceptions just click on add port again)
    Give the Port a NAME like AZUREUS
    Type the Port RANGE like 58000
    Click on UDP
    Done

Third:
    Go to your router for example 192.186.0.1, depends what router you have.
    Now, how the heck do you find out your access for your router, eh?
    Click start, run and type in the field: cmd and hit enter
    The command window will appear.
    Type: ipconfig /all
    The number after the line DEFAULT GATEWAY is the access port for your router.
    Type this number after http:// in the address bar. NO www. needed.

There you go. You are on your router's config page.

Go to firewall and open the same port (or port range like 58000-62000) for TCP and UDP as you did on your Windows Firewall. Done!
    After you figured out how to open the ports in the Windows Firewall, this should be a piece of cake for you!

Now test in Azureus the port like 58000. It should come up with OK.
    There you go!

5. 4672952

4672952 Member

ive already done the firewall thing and i just now did the protocol encryption and nothing happened. i dont know what the hell is going on with this crap. ive tried so many other different torrent programs and they all do the same thing.

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Try disabling DHT, from The Fiend a few months back:: "In options, under connection, look at peer sources,and uncheck everything except "from a tracker", that should do it".

7. 4672952

4672952 Member

hmmm, well i think the did the job. one of my torrents is now going at 16 kbp and the other is at 36 kbps. its not too fast but its way better than below 10 at all times. thats a lot guys you helped me a lot. if there are anymore ideas tell me cause it would be pretty cool to get even fater speeds.

8. needy07

needy07 Guest

Ok, I'm new and I've read through most of these postings and still can't figure why I'm still getting NAT errors. I am using XP, have turned my firewall off, have a wired Westell dsl modem, no router, have tried SEVERAL ports and still get NAT errors. Please give me some insight.
    Thanks

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

10. needy07

needy07 Guest

My isp is Bellsouth. And I also just enabled Protocol Encryption. But still getting NAT error. Thanks for your help.

11. mistycat

mistycat Active member

It looks like Bellsouth is blocking. You could try ports over 50,000 or port 1720 but I doubt that'll help. From another forum post in October, read it through but the last line says it all : Here's another to add to the list: Bellsouth which services the Southeastern U.S. Their official position is as follows (it's a tad long, bear with them):

There has been considerable publicity recently concerning copyright owner complaints of the wide spread problem of unlawful sharing and downloading of music and video files over the Internet. If you are copying music like Norah Jones recent Grammy's-winning CD, movies, or other copyrighted material over the Internet without the copyright owner's permission, you may be breaking the law!

In your BellSouth® Internet Service Service Agreement, you agreed not to transmit or publish on or over the BellSouth Internet Service any information, software, or other content that violates or infringes upon the rights of any others or to use the facilities or capabilities of our Internet Service to conduct any activity that is prohibited by law. Your use of our Internet Service is also governed by BellSouth's Acceptable Use Policies ("AUPs"), which are posted online behind the "Legal Notices" link at the bottom of the home page of the Service. Our AUPs specifically prohibit:

Failing to obtain all required permissions to receive, upload, download, display, distribute, reproduce, use, make, sell, perform or execute a program, copyrighted content or other works protected by intellectual property laws. Violations of the above terms may result in a demand by BellSouth for immediate removal of the offending material, blocked access, suspension or termination of your Service. Furthermore, with regard to certain allegations of intellectual property infringement involving such activities, BellSouth, as an Internet Service Provider (ISP), may be required to release, under the subpoena provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), identification information about you, our subscriber, to a copyright holder who could then use that information to bring legal action against you.

As a general rule the subscriber is the copyright owner of any file that subscriber solely creates for his or her own exclusive use. The copyright to any other file (such as software programs, music and video files created by others) is typically owned by its creator, by commercial vendors, or by other individual users, and it is generally illegal for the subscriber to reproduce such file in any part or in any form, except by permission of such copyright owner or under an appropriate statutory exception. If you do not have such permission and do not already know if you fall into one of the statutory exceptions, you may be violating the terms of your Service Agreement with BellSouth and engaging in unlawful activity that could lead to any of the adverse actions described above. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you are acting lawfully before engaging in any file sharing activities when using your BellSouth Internet Service.

So they're going to rat us out, but after checking out the forums and running the tests, they are blocking.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  12. 4672952

4672952 Member

how can you find out if the ISP blocks the ports or not? i have COX. well now its called SuddenLink

13. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  14. acumensch

acumensch Member

Im getting the UPnP: Mapping error too.

Azureus was working fine until it seemed my housemates came back from abroad and began using the net again. Could it be that they are stealing all these ports from me?

I have tried changing the port ranges but that doesn't seem to work.

15. mistycat

mistycat Active member

16. lego001

lego001 Member

When I do a nat test in azureus it says that i have a nat error, but on the bottom, the little NAT button is green and says "reachability ok". Does this mean that I have a nat error or not?

17. bkbyrne

bkbyrne Member

Lego,

Thats a really good question and I am in the exact same situation. I get speeds of on average 60-70 kbps, nat wizzard always says i have an error. Can anyone tell us whats going on here?

18. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I may be wrong but when I first installed utorrent, I always received a red NAT error and a red connection error. The connection light would turn green after about 10 minutes but was red the next time I opened utorrent and the NAT error remained constantly red. This lasted about 2 weeks and I have seen no red lights since so I would say if your speed is decent, it may go away on ir's own.

19. lego001

lego001 Member

well, I'm getting around 10-30, never higher than 70. Does anyone know what the average speed is supposed to be? Are my speeds normal or really bad?

20. mistycat

mistycat Active member

There is no average speed; my speeds have varied everywhere between 300 kbps and 5 kbps, it depends on a multitude of factors: your ISP speed, number of seeds and peers, how many you're connected to, how much of the torrent you have completed in relation to other peers, whether your connection is good, etc. 70 kbps is good and 30 kbps isn't terrible although I'd like to see it higher.