1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus NAT Error with Wireless Adapter

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by DaJuice31, May 16, 2005.

1. GeminiGod

GeminiGod Member

2. shadowbw

shadowbw Member

Tommy- Allow me to be the first to tell you that maybe your awareness is less than average, as you used that phrase at least 10 times within one post. If you have a dynamic IP address....which is received by your router..which then routes that DYNAMIC IP address into a static IP address, which by now I hope you've figured out by now that this is actually what the router is for. Not to be rude, but obviously yours is being used as a paper weight if you have yet to figure out something as simple as IP routing.....let me ask you this....why did you buy your router again; why not the switch? Obviously you're "aware" that they don't do the same thing. Simply put, don't give advice and talk as though if you don't know something it can't be done, because you're wrong and ignorant to think that someone hasn't figured it out.

As for the port problems with Azureus, I suggest that you try changing your port to around 5100-5600 and try porting through your router. I've got 3 computers on a Linksys wireless router and only one is having Nat Errors while the other 2 can run simultaneously. I'll post here when I get the 3rd fixed with the solution.

Spec breakdown:
    Nat Error w/ Inspiron 5100 running XP SP2, Azureus 2.3.0.4

Running fine w/ Athlon XP 64-bit 3200+, running XP 64-bit...that's right, it's running.....muwahahahahaha, Azureus 2.3.0.4 (you have to slightly modify Azureus's code to get fully functioning with XP 64-bit...e-mail me or post here for more info on that

Running fine w/ Inspiron 8100 running XP SP2, Azureus 2.2.2.0

3. chojin_uk

chojin_uk Guest

So shadowbw, what do you have to do to the Azuerus code to get it properly working on XP64 ??

TIA

4. vibration

vibration Member

[bold]The big issue: My modem is also a router...[/bold]
    I went trough a lot of forums and had always found the same answers. The NAT error is due to your router or firewall config.

I disabled my ZoneAlarm firewall and enabled Windows SP2’s one and still NAT error. I even had to reboot my pc every time I’ve done the Azureus NAT test. I found out how to configure ZoneAlarm Pro to open the port but the free version is different, I haven’t test it.

One could see that many people had all the different solutions to their NAT problem that still did not solve mine’s. And voila I wondered… …my modem is also a router. My ISP even gave me an IP to configure on my computer as static :( (192.168.1.2) my fault, I should have figured that out sooner, it was obvious my modem was also a router. But it only has a RJ45 plug and I got distracted because I am a newbie on this.

Then I tried to find info about this modem my ISP gave me and google found nothing (HUAWEI SmarTAX MT883) I think it’s Chinese. I then got to their home page that was not working properly.

I only found info about the MT800 and regarding I am not a network expert, I was not sure how could I forward my chosen port from the modem to my wireless Conceptronic router. Anyway it was not difficult.

All I needed to do was go to the modem config page (192.168.1.1) and under the advanced settings I found:
    - Virtual Server - Virtual Server is used to allow Internet users access to LAN services -
    I’ve configured it like this:
    [bold]Status:[/bold] Enabled
    [bold]Private IP:[/bold] The IP my ISP gave me that is configured not on the PC as they told me but on the Conceptronic router as Static IP, in this case: 192.168.1.2
    [bold]Protocol Type:[/bold] Both
    [bold]Private Port:[/bold] My chosen Azureus port
    [bold]Public Port:[/bold] My chosen Azureus port
    [bold]Schedule:[/bold] Always

Then I applied rebooted and voila. NAT OK
    Of course I had the port forward in the Conceptronic router set to my computer’s IP. I’ve configured that computer’s IP out of the DHCP range set on the Conceptronic Router to avoid conflicts with other computers on my home network, this way I did not have to set them all static.
    About the Windows firewall it’s not such a big deal to open the port and it’s posted on every forum I went. Go to http://www.portforward.com/ as you may find your firewall and router walkthrough. The ZoneAlarm they talk about there is the PRO one.

Now I get no NAT problem and green faces but, even though my connections are now set to 100 maximum and the other computer are offline my wireless connection crashes after some time online with azureus. And I have to hard reboot the machine becouse I can't even do the repair as it blocks on the disable wireless adaptor part.

5. nikhilck

nikhilck Member

i'am new to bittorrent and i have a problem too!
    the problem is how do i identify my router? i have a HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter. and this is not listed in the portforward list of wireless routers. and i'am not connected wireless.....

6. vibration

vibration Member

I don’t anything about that router but if you get into the config page of it perhaps you can figure it out. It must have a NAT configuration and under that the Port Forwarding. There you have to forward the chosen port to the IP the router gives to your computer. If you don’t want to go back there every time you reboot the PC, configure a static IP (on the computer). I think you may find info about it in this thread, otherwise search for info about that.

So you get to open the port on the router and on your firewall and you will likely get an OK NAT test under Azureus.

7. mr_shamit

mr_shamit Member

i have a few questions since i couldn't get any answers fo my problems with azureus.
    i have two computers, one of them is connected straight to the modem and the other is wireless, i have a d-link 624+ router.
    the computer that i want to use azureus is the laptop which is wireless.
    how do i set the firewall on the router?
    and the most important thing is that if i use azureus my internet crashes and i can't use anything on my computer and sometimes i even need to unplug my router and plug it in again.
    anyway, if someone could help me to get azureus working properly and the internet and the firewall.
    thank you very much if someone could help.

8. Sulware

Sulware Member

Hi, First off a disclaimer I'm not an expert in anyway, on setting up these network peripherals and what not, just an enthusiast!

Anyway, I've spent a few hours playing with Azureus, and like everyone else I was getting my yellow faces! I've got a Netgear WGR614 wireless router. I setup port forwarding as explained in previous posts but kept getting failures on testing the port in Azureus.

After loosing a few more strands of hair, I realised that the problem was actually with the modem not the wireless router. At first I tried setting up port forwarding on the modem but that didn't work, (well actually it did when I connected directly to the modem, not using the router at all!).

Then I read online about the modem ethernet bridge. Basically you put the modem into a "pass thru" state which passes on all traffic directly to the router. On my modem (a Netopia modem), there was a checkbox that set the modem to use this WAN based Ethernet Bridge, (in the Advanced section of the configuration menu).

So... this then meant that the wireless router then was responsible for logging onto the internet so in the routers interface I had to setup the ISP user name and password.
    Once I'd done all of this, everything worked hunky dorey, and it was green faces all the way.

The long and short of all this is just for any beginners out there, don't forget the modem!!! It's not all about the router! :)

I hope this helps you guys.

Bren.

9. KurisuTM

KurisuTM Member

Okay I've finally got it working. And man did it take a while, since I couldn't figure out my

I have a Linksys WRT54G router.

Okay first off, I didn't use ports 6881-6889. That didn't work for me at all or for a bunch of you guys, so why be stubborn and continue to complain when obviously it isn't working for you?

This may seem repetitive and tedious at the same time, but hey it worked for me.

I listened to portforward.com and I used the port [bold]49153[/b] And changed all the port stuff to 49513. Okay, secondly, type in your IP address (i.e. 192.168.1.XXX) in a new browser window. Log in your account. If you don't remember your password, just type in USERNAME admin and PASSWORD admin. Anyway, after following the steps (the Application name for mine is Azur1, not Azureus or BitTorrent or anything like that). I set the start and end to 49513 and selected Both for protocol and put in the last digit of my IP address, then selected Enable. Yes that is port forwarding. THAT IS ONLY HALF OF IT.

The second part is to set up a Static IP. Go to Control Panel > Network Connections. Double click on your router.

General > Properties > [bold]Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)[/bold] and put in all the values. Find them by going to [bold]Start > Run[/bold] then type in command. Then type in ipconfig/all

Okay After that, I went to Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions.

Add Port > NAME: BitTorrent PORT NUMBER: 49153 SELECT UDP

Okay Now I have green smileys. Oh joy, oh rapture.

Hey I did that and I'm going at least 120 kb/sec and at most 40 kb/sec. It's low because, as another member posted, it depends on the where you get it, i.e. website links and such. I'm guessing the Seeds are capping their upload at 40 kb for what I'm downloading.

Hope this helped. Yea okay.

Links to refer to: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/Azureus.htm

Setup STATIC IP: http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

10. reaction1

reaction1 Member

I've got the problem of not being able to access the router. It's a wireless router providing service to the entire apartment complex, so I'll never even physically *see* the router, let alone be able to mess with it, and i can't login to make any changes. I've fixed everything else, as far as I can tell, and I've even been able to DL some of the Azureus plugins, and uploads are going very slowly (bytes per second), but they're still going. Anybody have any advice?

11. SovMish

SovMish Guest

but isn't setting your IP to static not safe?

Because then, your pc will keep using that IP address for everything... but if it's dynamic, it changes. Or am I just misinterpreting something here?