1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus NAT Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by hiafex, Feb 9, 2007.

1. icntspll

icntspll Member

Ditto on the problem. I just got wireless internet through http://partenershipwireless.com - just a basic wireless antenna internet service provider. When it was first set up by the install guy, I thought he had set the router with a static ip from the isp. Well about a week into having the service, I just stopped being able to download things on Azureus. I have never gotten the nat to not throw the "your computer refused the connection" error. I have bought a new router (because I wanted a wireless one) and did all the port forwarding just like on the portforward.com website. I unblocked azureus's ports in my windows firewall. Then I gave up and just turned it off. I called my isp and asked them if they were throttling ports and if I needed a static ip for the router. I set my Vista machine ip to be static. I know that the router's ip is not the same one that portforward.com says my external ip is (or that little signature add on that one of the afterdawn members has) I have been reading about this and trying to fix it for a week. I thought maybe it was the torrents from http//:dattebayo.com, but blizzards WoW tracker is having trouble too. I don't think I have any other firewalls up. I have Symantec Anti Virus, but temporarily disabling that didn't help either.

Where I work they have a different wireless ISP and azureus works there, but mine worked for the first week too. Both the work computer and mine have vista. I wasn't there when they installed it but maybe I will sneak a peek at the router settings. I tried getting through with my mac on the same network and I got the same error. I really think that the problem is in my isp or router and I am thinking it has something to do with the way the router and ISP interact. Two reasons: One: it used to work with no special Vista setup. Two: The IP my router displays in its set up is not the same as my external ip. When I unplug the router and just plug in th computer i have the same problem? Does that mean I got screwed over by my isp?

I feel like I have tried to attack this from every angle: ISP, ROUTER, Portforwarding, problems with firewalls, the torrents themselves. I played around with the different UPnP settings. Mine seem to work better when it is enabled in Azureus. The error I get from Azureus is either Connection Timeout OR SocketException: Software cause connection abort: receive failed. I can't tell where to try and address this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.... and I am willing to bribe someone with home-made chocolate chip cookies if I have too. :)

2. cookytrix

cookytrix Member

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cookytrix - stick to the other one, plus i see you've just had a reply there..