1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by MNA, Nov 28, 2005.

1. MNA

MNA Regular member

@celticfc1

When is supertorrents.net going to get more torrents.

2. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

As soon as people upload , had to start it all again because of the failure :(

3. MNA

MNA Regular member

Why do these people hack into the website for?What do they get out of it,etc.

4. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

An old enemy its been dealt with , site up again 2moro sorted it , check 2moro m8 :)

5. MNA

MNA Regular member

OK then.How did you fix it?

6. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

With great difficulty :)

7. MNA

MNA Regular member

OK.Anyway I accidently removed a file that I was seeding.How do I seed it again without downloading it?

8. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

just download torrent and save to the same place the file is , if you deleted the whole file you cant lol

9. MNA

MNA Regular member

OK,dont't worry I haven't delted the file.I couldn't really understand,could you explain it a litlle bit more clearly please.

10. saintz

saintz Member

hey erm, hope this thread isnt dead cos im having some problems with azerus. ive tried everything celticfc has suggested, port etc, and for a minute it made the speed jump from 6kb/s to 30-50 but now its gone back down again and i didnt wanna make a new thread cos its my first time posting and i know that thats bad forum ettiquete. so um, any advice?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
    Connection is:: 952 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 748 kB)
    Download Speed is:: 116 kB/s
    Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (server2)
    Test Time:: Wed Dec 21 2005 18:17:44 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
    Bottom Line:: 17X faster than 56K 1MB download in 8.83 sec
    Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 38.02 % of your hosts average (ntl.com)
    Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-MPO8V6LQC

11. DLW

DLW Member

This is probably a dumb question to most of you but...I don't have a router and need to change ports. Can anyone help me?

12. MNA

MNA Regular member

13. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

@saintz

hi and welcome

do you use a router ?

are you using a public tracker ? and can you tell me what version of azureus you are using ?

also are on a public tracker or private ? i can sort you with a private trcker if you want ? just pm me

celticfc1

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  14. DLW

DLW Member

No, I don't have a router and I use various sights to download movies and usually Bittorrent to download. However, now when I go to Midnight Torrents I will have to change ports to download. Don't know how. Everything I read talks about routers. I have a stand alone computer and don't need a router. Any suggestions? I have movies downloaded and when I try to download to Azureus (the old version) I can't. I don't want to use the new version because it eats up your hard drive.

15. piggyot

piggyot Member

mate u have a modem, so NO ports need to be opened as they already are!

as for the site your downloading from that you mention, it may have blacklisted the port 6881 (the standard port number for BT) so i'd advise you change it in azureus..

open azureus and go Tool>Options>Connection:

the 1st box named 'incoming TCP listening port' is the number you'll need to change.

i use 49152 which is a common alternative to 6881.

hope this helps.

if that's not what you meant, but are jst worried abt the slow download rate.. compare the number of 'seeds' to 'peers/leechers'.
    If there are significantly more seeders but you're still getting a slow download rate you might want to drop/limit you upload rate to 8 or 9kb.. note if you drop it below 8kb azureus automatically cuts you're download rate, so you might wana check that hasnt been what's caused your slow d/l rates in your 'transfer' settings!!

failling that you may have a NAT error. what colour faces are next to each download? go here and type in that incoming TCP port number you use (i'm assuming 6881, but your guna change that rmbr!):
    http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl if you do have a NAT problem, you may want to check your anti-virus sotware configuration to allow the port (6881 or 49152) you use access. that should clear it up.

if that doesnt solve the problem i'm guessing its jst a sh1te speed download.

when i started out i was reading on here abt speeding up my downloads as i was only getting max 10kb per torrent.. (i dont have a router either and did loadsa reading abt opening ports etc, then realisied i didnt have to!) now i've tweaked and got used to the proggy and i now only download things with higher seeds than leechers, i usually get speeds of 100kb/s -160kbs on a good day.

let us know how u get on! now i've written all that i doubt i'll even get a reply! :p

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  16. saintz

saintz Member

im using the newest version of azerus, public tracker, (i dont really fully understand the tracker things to be honest - but i think public means places like thepiratebay.com and torrentreactor, right?) im on a standalone thats hooked up to a 1mb ntl line cable modem via usb. oh and i was getting seed:peer ratio of bout 20:40

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  17. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

Even though you dont have a router u still need to open ports through ur firewall for max connection. Are u using winxp firewall?, if u are this is all u need to: (i would also use utorrent rather than azureus)

~ Go to ur firewall/security
    ~ click on expections tab
    ~ add new port
    ~ in the top bar put in name ie: az, utorrent.
    ~ then in bottom one put in ur port #
    ~ do this both for tcp and udp listening ports
    ~ then go to advance tab
    ~ click settings for ur connection ur using
    ~ u will be in services tab
    ~ click add
    ~ then put in ur info
    ~ name of client
    ~ ur ip addy
    ~ then put in same port # as before, in both internal and external
    ~ do this for both udp and tcp
    ~ ok everything, put port # in ur client
    ~ reboot

;-D

18. MNA

MNA Regular member

cbrooks is right.I have a modem and not a router,when I opened my ports it made a HUGE difference.

19. piggyot

piggyot Member

how HUGE are we talking MNA?

i'm assuming you mean the ports on your firewall? how did you do this?

ive got norton anti-virus 2004 but no sign of that '~ click on expections tab ' thing that cbrooks says abt. where is this brooksy???/

main screen:
    [​IMG]

options screen:
    [​IMG]

any ideas with what you can see above???

20. DLW

DLW Member

piggyot...why ever would you think I would not reply & thank you and everyone else for all your help??? I actually love using Azureus. It's a great program but I don't like the new upgrade cause like I said it eats your hard drive. I can't wait to try the info everyone sent. Ya all are the greatest! Thanks so much and season's greeting to all!