1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by MNA, Nov 28, 2005.

1. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

Pooh ;-( Almost got excited there. Tx Celtic.

2. MNA

MNA Regular member

celticfc1 could you send me the demonoid invite again please becasue I havent received the e-mail yet.Thanks :)

3. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

@MNA

make sure you dont use a hotmail account this time and if you do turn the spam filtering off

mark

check your pm

4. MNA

MNA Regular member

OK,I have tried changing my port for Azureus to 58421.But when I go onto Shields Up it says the port is on stealth.Could you please tell me what client you use and what port you use and what torrent websites.Plus could you tell me your settings gor your client.THANKS :)

5. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

@MNA

i use port 49152 , once you set this your settings will be the same as mine , what speed is your internet ? this is also a major factor in downloading (mine is 10mb )

i use a couple of different sites , demonoid , torrentleech.org,(torrentleech is closed even to invites ) supertorrents.org and .net (.org is down at the moment)
    ilove torrents.com
    mainly i use TL or ST.org

6. MNA

MNA Regular member

OK ,i'll change my port.Anyway my broadband speed is 512kb which means my downloads should be around 50-60kb,is that right?My Demonoid e-mail doesn't come so I don't no what to do.I should be changing my broadband when my contract runs out.I should be getting Bulldog which is 8mb.

7. MNA

MNA Regular member

OK,I have uninstalled Azureus becasue it completely slows down my computer.Could you recomend another client please.

8. darew9291

darew9291 Member

MNA im stuck in the same boat with you man i dont know what to do even my revconnect speeds are dieing. and i used to bittornado for like 3 years and never had a problem up until these past 2 weeks i cant connect to any trackers (using Bittornado) i am using azerus right now with the same results you are getting and i have changed the port and i have no firewall or router so i have no idea what is going on. i jus want my downloads to go back to normal

9. MNA

MNA Regular member

I am completely stuck.It is so annoying isn't it,I say even though Azureus is good it slows down your pc.I hardly use it anymore.

10. darew9291

darew9291 Member

its the only form of downloading thats working for me at the moment and its only going at 2-4kbs i think i might reformatt my computer and just start from scratch. i dont understand how this jus happened out of no where i noticed limewire is doing the same thing to me. it starts high then the speed dies in a matter of minutes. the only other foorm of d/l'in that works for me is jus standard explorer downloads. im gettin pissed i wanna take some steel toe boots and juss...

11. MNA

MNA Regular member

Whats reformatting your computer?

12. darew9291

darew9291 Member

i just mean to rein stall windows i say reformatting i dont even know if thats what it means for sure but im guessing it does. but the point i think i might reinstall windows jus to start a clean slate

13. darew9291

darew9291 Member

i just mean to rein stall windows i say reformatting i dont even know if thats what it means for sure but im guessing it does. but the point i think i might reinstall windows jus to start a clean slate unless som1 can help me out?!?!?!?

14. MNA

MNA Regular member

I didnt buy my computer from pc world or something like that but I had mine built and I dont have the disk for XP Pro.So I can't reformat it,unles I can download it.Have you got a link to download it.

15. darew9291

darew9291 Member

me too i had mine built also i never had a windows cd either. lukily my dad had 1 i could use other then that i have never downloaded windows before so i wouldnt no id say jus grab it off a torrent site but.... i dunno see if a friend has it

16. MNA

MNA Regular member

So theres no reformatting for me.

17. MNA

MNA Regular member

@celticfc1

Could you please send me another Demonoid invite code.I have created a yahoo e-mail so maybe I could receive the e-mail on there.THANK YOU

18. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

boys , boys , boys !!

number 1 : no talking bout dl windows unless you have your own serial number that you bought .And i only think you can dl it not to sure though ?

number 2 : using torrents is quite slow at times :( but we all have to live with it , @MNA try using bittornado , sorry that azureus wasnt for you :( . demonoid has registered that you have got the email , you need to turn your spam settings of and check your bulk mail , plus you cant use hotmail or yahoo accounts it accepts the mail as spam

@darew9291

reformatting your computer wont make you download any faster !

you need to tweak the settings on azureus , for starters give me a bit o info on your pc specs include OS
    speed of your broadband?

then we can work it all out :)

mark

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  19. MNA

MNA Regular member

I'll try BitTornado celticfc1.Should I be reaching about 50-60kb with a 512kb broadband.

20. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

unfortunately no , im not certain what your download speed should be , try using http://www.testmy.net to check your download speed if you dont know how to read it post your results and i will explain (note bit tornado can be slow at uploading and can kill your ratio with alot of sites resulting in getting you banned :( )