backed up games on F:\ dont appear in menu

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by crusoe, May 16, 2005.

1. crusoe

crusoe Member

hello there.

i had my xbox for a while and when it had the original hardrive in i used to back up my games (ones i own the originals to) on to it (could only fit about 2 on) and it would appear under "play games from HD" on my EVOX dashboard.

Since then ive upgraded to 120gb HD and have backed up my games to the F:\ drive as it is the largest. the problem no though is that they dont show up in that "play games from HD" menu. Instead i have to go System Management >> Game management on XBox HD to play them.

i was wondering how to get them to show up in the menu on the evox dashboard. cheers for any help in advance

2. crusoe

crusoe Member

just some added info:

ive looked at the xbox via FlashFXP and all my backup games are currently stored in F/HDDLoader/ folder. I tried moving one game into the F/Games folder and rebooting but it still didnt show up in the "play games from HD" menu.

Do i have to edit some .ini file or simply move them to a different location in F ?

3. Howski

Howski Member

the best thing to do is add them to the evox.ini file so they are there permantly.
    -How.

4. crusoe

crusoe Member

do you mind explaining how to do that. ive never opened an .ini file before...how do i read it. where is this evox.ini file and what do i put in there??

5. BR7

BR7 Regular member

You open the .ini with notpad and edit away..

Make sure this part of your evox ini reads like this..

Section "Games"
    {
    AutoAddItem "e:\games\"
    AutoAddItem "f:\games\"
    SortAll
    }
    Section "Apps"
    {
    AutoAddItem "e:\apps\"
    AutoAddItem "f:\apps\"
    SortAll

Verify the bolded ones to your ini, if they are different, change em to look like that. Save changes and upload back to your xbox, reboot and all should be good.

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  6. crusoe

crusoe Member

awesome. it worked. been wanting to do that for ages.

i was looking at the .ini file and tried adding a new menu item like "Videos on hard drive" and linking it to my E:\Videos directory on my xbox (where all my .mpgs, avi's) are. well the menu item is displayed but it doesnt list my movies.

am i right in thinking that i need to tell it how to open these as just showing it the .mpgs doesnt work. do i have to link it to the Xbox media player.

if so how would the code look. basically i want to add the item "Videos on HD" and for it to list my .avi's ,.mpgs etc.

or is this not possible. thanx again for the help