backing up a xbox HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by drworm06, Apr 6, 2006.

1. drworm06

drworm06 Member

Hi guy's, my question is i want to back up my original xbox HDD so i can get my xbox modded w/ HDD upgrade.

Is it possible to connect my xbox to my PC and using FTP copy the contents of the HDD to my PC before the upgrade, and later copying the contents back to my modded xbox?

Thanks in advance.

drworm06

2. drworm06

drworm06 Member

anyone?

3. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

only after it's modded. the harddrive is locked currently and you'll need to unlock it with the chip. the first thing i do after i mod anyones is backup the EEPROM and the harddrive (can all be burnt to a CD-R) then install the new drive, format it and then FTP everything back to it.

make sure you backup the EEPROM.

kc

4. drworm06

drworm06 Member

ok thanks kc, the only reason i asked is i'm getting the mod and the harddrive done at the same time and didn't know if i could transfer the data first.

Thanks again.

drworm06

5. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

you can by soft modding/hot swapping but it's really more of a pain in the ass then it's worth. just have whomever is doing the mod to back up the EEPROM to the original HD and FTP your old drive to the new one and give you the original drive back with it's original contents and the backup of the EEPROM on it. only takes about 10 min to do all that after the chip is installed.

kc

6. gus738

gus738 Guest

dont listen what KC36330 said lol softmoding is the easies way of doing a mod on a xbox no matter what .....! what you wanna do is either softmod it or hard mod ( i perfer a softmod cheaper faster better and even xbox live safe!!!! ) then you want to do ftp which is extreamly easy.....

what i recommend?????? go to http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/ and i strongly recommend ... the best xbox modders are here and you can learn everything their is to xbox modding and on the best apps and here and their....

make an acc ( trust me its defitanly worth it ) and post up and be suprised on the quick response.... and then trust me by that website you be a xbox master guru modder :D:D:D :p trust me visit it :D yo wont regreat it !

you unlock your hd and say good bye to your xbox ... you need to softmod it first very easy then backup the eeprom.bin and voila! you can eve make your owen xbox hd !!! just that eeprom to lock it and a hd and your on your way to making your own xbox hd !!! .....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2006
  7. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

your as lost as a ball in high grass and know nothing about modding. and I'd be willing to wager on the fact i can install a modchip faster then you can soft mod a console.

kc

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  8. gus738

gus738 Guest

kc trust me if you knew who i was you would learn a thing or 2...

i am not trying to flame or make fun but seriosly go to

http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/

and you know what i mean... sid 4.0 and sid 4.5 on this fourms are made from nknave and he and i are buds...

go to http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/ and ask about me and you regreat you said stuff about me....

neither less i dont care what you think as i know im a hevy xbox modder and i dont care if you belive me :D. again no offense from me to you

9. gus738

gus738 Guest

ill bet you what ever you want kc 50 100 300 dollars what ever you want... that i can softmod a xbox before you can even put a chip...

ill do it in 5-10 mins ... can you beat that on puttin a chip???

lol u probly take 3 mins to open case up .....

i just put mem card on xbox put 2 saves put game and install softmod and less then 5 mins!!!!

want me to bring the admins / moderators of http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/ ?????

but i would defitanly aceep your wager :D easy money...

lol and your probly older then me :D ... im 16

seriously i know alot and could teach you a thing or 2 . i dont need chips i know everything their is to mod an xbox w/out chips

and i even make hds for xbox and w/out no chips!

how much you wanna wager?

want to go to http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/ and make a thread and see how many members reply to me ! in favor of me watch....

10. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

i could never learn anything from ignorant people such as yourself. your only intent is to come here and post for everyone to goto site www.blah blah blah.com, if your site was all it's cracked up to be, why waste your time on a poor pathetic site like this?? grow up kid and go back to your wanna be a pro modder sites.

kc

11. gus738

gus738 Guest

see thats the funny thing... i was always keeping an eye out on afterdawn since a while back but their was always a bug to make my acc on this site ... so i then saw the fourms and saw my cousin using Our softmods then i march again to make an acc ( contacted afterdawn for making acc) and berly got it fixed today after soo much in waiting....

so the only reason im on this webiste is mainly 2 things... 1 keep in eye on my cuz ( which use sid 4.0 4.5) and use the other extreamly useful info besides xbox modding

and like i said i dont need to prove anything more that i know extreamely alot about xbox modding... but the reason i link ppl to that website is because this website is growing big and i always felt the need to brag ppl to see real stuff not fake stuff about their xbox....

so up to the point softmods are becomin the worlds best option to mod an xbox compared to a chip....

did you even know i have a xbox that i made my owen hd 200 gb and im always on xbox live and i never got ban ! over 1 yr ... on xbox live

and no mod chips.... so please check out softmods before you really think mod chips are the bomb...

realy i need money how much you wanna wager???? or just braging?? im not scared so whats holdin you up ? ( like i said i dont want you to feel flame or anything )

ADMINS of this webiste and moderators please excuse me for going extreamly off topic but please forget me i just wanna teach ppl a thing or 2.

12. helblazer

helblazer Member

Ok when you guys are done playing with yourselves, I think its up to drworm06 if they want to chip or softmod, just give your simple and straight forward opinion, thats all that should be said.

13. gus738

gus738 Guest

hey helblazer i guess your right lol but kc thinks he can wanger that he can fit a chip on the xbox faster then me softmoding an xbox
    can you just point on on that ? lol while hes done opeing it im done softmoding it .

drworm06 : i really think you should check out benefits of softmods vs chips... as im almost 99% sure that you will go over a softmod vs a chip....

so do some home work.... and again i point on to www.xbox-hq.com
    why? cuz it has everything their is to know about the xbox

right helblazer?

14. helblazer

helblazer Member

Im only impartial, I take no ones side here.

Edit: Im here to straighten things out.

15. helblazer

helblazer Member

NOTE: this is just a member on our site, this type of person does not represent the site in any way, we appologize for your inconvienence of having him here on your forums, but we really can't stop him.

16. gus738

gus738 Guest

i know i know you hate me :( but this is bunch of bul * rp im only tryin to prove to kc that a softmod is alot faster then a chip... so before you know somting kc try it out . so if you dont know what a softmod does then do judge them and hellblazer thats messed up

17. djb77

djb77 Member

Gus738, you know about softmodding but I dont see you as a modchip expert, not even in our forums.

I'd personally still go with a modchip any day over a softmod, because it's a lot easier to upgrade the HDD for one (you don't have to softmod the new HDD with a modchipped box, you just throw it in). Softmods are good still, but in the long run I'd still prefer a chip.

Also, I'd like to also state that Gus has no power as far as the Xbox-HQ Staff goes, and there's definately no problem with us (Xbox-HQ) and you guys. I was just notified of this right at this moment, so I apologise to any members from this site for any bad posting from our member.

Regards,
    DJB
    Senior Administrator of www.xbox-hq.com

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just throwing my 2 cents in. I softmodded my Nephews and my Xbox in less then 5 minutes. You cant tell me you can take off the top of the xbox and take out the DVD drive, HDD and Motherboard and put a chip in it then put it all back togther in 5 minutes.

As of installing a new HDD with a softmod. It was easy also I installed a 300GB HDD. Didint take me long at all to do it.

On another note if you are upgrading your HDD keep in mind that not all games will play off the Xbox HDD if it is hard modded. Someone correct me if im wrong.

I softmodded my Xbox with the NKpatcher and it will let me play all Xbox games off the HDD by FTPing the ISO's over to the HDD and setting up a virtual drive for the Xbox to think it is playing off the DVD drive.

Just a few things to keep in mind.

19. AngelosHQ

AngelosHQ Member

On behalf of the "http://www.xbox-hq.com/html" as gus so puts it. And as an Admin of the site; Let me appologize for our member's actions. He is sometimes overzealous and a quick member of the "Mine's Bigger" club. I do hope, however, that you will not judge our site based upon his actions. If you do choose to use our site, please feel free to. That's what it's there for, and we're always looking for members who are well versed in the launguage of the Xbox.

Further more, we do NOT condone action such as gus' and, trust me, he's gotten his verbal 100 lashes. I do appologize once again, sirs (and ma'ams, if it applies). If you have a questions, please contact me at the following e-mail:

AngelosDracul@xbox-hq.com

Thank You,
    Angelos Dracul
    FTP/Forum Admin - Xbox-HQ

20. gus738

gus738 Guest

KC36330 : ill be short . i'm not trying to cause a war between but i was just trying to prove you wrong that a softmod is faster then a chip ,

and i know on my part i really screw up . but just some things that you mentioned didnt seem right for what i saw.

and you'll need to unlock it with the chip. > here your doing it ... saying you need chip. < here too >>>>> only takes about 10 min to do all that after the chip is installed.

>>>>>>>>>>your as lost as a ball in high grass and know nothing about modding. and I'd be willing to wager on the fact i can install a modchip faster then you can soft mod a console.

kc <<<<<<<< major mess up on ur part.

WHERE I MESSED UP ???

dont listen what KC36330 said < here a bit

you regreat you said stuff about me.... <<< here too

but i know this doesnt matter nor i wish to waste your time as i messed up here . so my deepest aplogies : kc

if you want to further talk more plz feel free to let me know...

AGAIN IM REALLY REALLY SORRY.... im just a bit stuburn about some things....

and if you need to wipe out some parts of the thread go ahead .....

n srry didnt knew you was a senoir member ....