Backing up any game to HDD XBOX FREEZES!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by wag7079, Jan 16, 2006.

1. wag7079

wag7079 Guest

Hi I am just getting started into modding xboxs and am trying to learn all i can. Heres my Problem. i am using a 1.1 xbox with evo as a dash, i am copying games to a 80gb seagate hardrive using dvd2xbox. they copy fine but when i try to play them they freeze. Forza freezes at profile loading screen. madden 06 wont even show intro. Ghost recon 2 freezes at press start screen someone please help. Am i using the wrong bios or is there any way to fragment a xbox hdd. Thanks

2. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

I'm having the same problem. I installed a 200gb hdd. Whats the problem??

3. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

what kind of mods do you guys have?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can always try FTPing or using your file explorrer and find all your CACHE folders and clear them out. Delete all the files in them. And also check your game saves and if they have any with the games your having trouble with delte them.

5. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Yer, clearing Cache is good to do once-in-a-while. Empty the following folders,

E;/Cache
    X
    Y
    Z
    only the things inside the folders.

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Woooah...hold on there!...How are you putting these games on the drive...Originals need to be put on with the hdd loader ( not dvd2xbox) or the media check in the xbe stays intact!!!Backups you can just ftp cos the media check is already removed..Then if that don't do it look in evox settings and turn off ALL instances of "in game reset" IGR..and set game region to default or auto (try both)...

Read somewhere that Madden 06 got some copy issues..maybe needs a HDD patch..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2006
  7. steimy

steimy Active member

"Woooah...hold on there!...How are you putting these games on the drive...Originals need to be put on with the hdd loader ( not dvd2xbox)"

not true, i have done all mine with DVD2Xbox and they all
    worked fine.

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The newer versions of DVD2XBOX remove the media flag. However, this doesn't seem like a dashboard issue. HOWEVER, go into your settings and change your region code settings from AUTO to PAL or NTSC (whichever one you're in). Also, look in E:/Cache and see if you have any files in there. If so, delete them. Look in X, Y, and Z folders as well and if any files are there, delete them too.

EDIT: Looks like I've been beaten to it :p

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  9. bobromin

bobromin Guest

people I have a mod on my xbox ok. well my question is how do you put files on your xbox. do you need a cable? A Sofware? well if you need a sofware, how are you going to to get the file on the xbox. I want to find out how to put files on my xbox because i want to download games on my xbox. O yeah by the way while your answering that question i have other one. Where get the files to download the games. what I mean for example i wanted to download halo 2, where should i go to download the halo2 file?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2006
  10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@bobromin

Edit your frikin post and take out the long (HELPPPPPPPPPP) crap you typed. It is messing up the page. Also type in lower case. All Caps means your yelling.

Once you do that then maybe we will help you with your question!!!!!

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

12. wag7079

wag7079 Guest

Thanks for all of the info. I know there was probally already a trhead about it but i couldnt find. I used the newest version of dvd2xbox from xbox-tribe and it will do regular games fine. After i cleared all my cache from x,y,and z madden worked and forza is fine to and they are both bought games. so i do know that you can use dvd2xbox to copy bought games if you have the newer version. thnks again to everyone lots of help.

13. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

Clearing the Cache worked. But I have San Anderas and it will not play from hard drive. Can anyone help?

14. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

@Joshua

In your settings change the region setting to AUTO. worked for me awhile back.

15. wag7079

wag7079 Guest

Clear the "cache" folder in drive "E", also clear drives x,y,and z. I have san adreas on my hardrive and it plays perfect if you keep thos folders clean. Once those folders start collecting stuff alot of my games wont play. Keeping them Clean should help.

16. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I need to mess with san andreas every time I load it...And I updated my dvd2xbox this weekend...(didn't know I was out of date!)

17. addicted2

addicted2 Member

how would i go about deleting the cache folders? will i need to ftp to my puter to do this?

thanks

add

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@addicted2

You dont delete the CACHE folders you delete the files that are in the CACHE folder.

You do this by either FTP to your Xbox or by using your dashboard file manager to do it.

19. addicted2

addicted2 Member

hey larrylje..thanks i figured it out on how to delete the cache files and now things seem to work smooth as glass..

later

add

20. wag7079

wag7079 Guest

I meant to delete the cache files and not the folder. I think i said "clear the cache folder" not delete it. Read A little closer!