Backing Up Black

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by brandonba, Mar 1, 2006.

1. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

I backed up black the same way ive always backed up my games, I used craxion4 made a multi game disk the other game works fine but it just freezes on black any ideas. o by the way i ripped it to my hard drive on the xbox first then ftped it to my computer ive been doing this way for years. the game size is 1.50 gigs. any ideas?

2. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

I ripped it to the xbox hard drive to make sure it works it does.

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Are you hard or soft modded? If hard, what chip?

I'm asking because I ran into this problem with some other games not loading from the hard drive.

I'm still kinda new to xbox's, but I've been modding ps2's for quite awhile now. Just about a month or so back, I traded a modded ps2 for a modded xbox with an Aladdin chip (older white one)and a 200 gig hd. I had just purchased a xbox not 2 days before that and had ordered a X3 CE and was waiting for it to arrive. But I thought "cool", I'll play with this trade for awhile and when the chip arrives, I'll mod the other and sell this one with the aladdin in it.

A couple of games I loaded onto the aladdin xbox, those being Stubbs the Zombie and Greg Hastings Paintball Max, wouldn't play from the hard drive. So I checked the forums and seen that other people were having troubles with these games, so I just kinda wrote it off and figured I'd just play from the dvd drive.

Well after I finished modding my other xbox with the x3 ce and slayers 2.6 (WAY much easier than soldering a chip into a ps2), and was loading up the hd via ftp (I put in a 300 gig), I figured what the heck, and loaded Stubbs. Well sure enough, it plays just fine from the hd with the new mod chip. So I've loaded the others and everything plays just fine. I dl'ed the pal version of Black and that plays with no problems.

Now I don't know if it is because of the different mod chips or not, but I do know that some games wouldn't load with the older chip and everything so far does with the new one.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

I didn't have a problem backing this game up. It worked just like all the others on both DVD and HDD.
    There should not be anything special to it. You may just want to try FTP'ing the files from the Xbox again and create a new ISO to see if the new one will work.
    But mine was not backed up fromt the disc, it was already an ISO when i got it.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

Me niether i got the early released PAL Version offline and qwix'd it to the box and it works like cake lol tasty.......
    by the way this game looks beautiful and is great to play....

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Graphically, this game is beautiful. I believe I also heard that it's suppose to be a 3-part game. Don't know that as a fact, just remember hearing it somewhere.

Game play is VERY good, too. I would say great, but I feel that it should've incorporated into the controls the ability to lean to the sides. The controls are very basic. I must say that the smoothness of the aiming is the BEST I've ever used on a console.

7. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

I have a old modchip xecuter 2.2, bios m7. it does work off the hard drive not the multidisk. im goin to just make a iso and burn it. A waste of disk space but i dont care.

8. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

I did burn it by it self, it didnt work. Im goin to update my bios. any help would be appericated thanx.

9. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

Ok i updated the bios to the newest Xecuter, still dont work.
    i had a idea, the disk i burnt by itself i ripped that to my xbox hard drive that didnt work. the only way it works, is the bought copy, ripped to the xbox hard drive, its really pissing me off.

10. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

I forgot to mention i use sony media and burn the iso with dvd decrypter.

11. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Does the PAL version work on a NTSC/US Xbox?

12. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

If you use Enigmah.

13. steimy

steimy Active member

if you have a chip or are softmodded then the region should not matter.

14. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

Dont forget me i still need help!!

15. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Regions don't matter if you Xbox is modded? I know that's not the case with PS2. I'll try Enigmah if it doesn't work. I have a softmodded Xbox. Thanks for the help guys. On the original I only use Qwix for making my backups.

16. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't the problem that the game is PAL? Not compatible with US and Japan TV's? That's why Enigmah was created to allow a US or Europe xbox's output to be changed from NTSC to PAL or vice versa. Unless unbeknownst to me the xbox will convert the signal from PAL to NTSC for you, then you're SOL. I've never tried playing a PAL game, so like I said, I could be wrong.

17. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

The game hangs at the evox screen.

18. Memnock

Memnock Active member

BTW the PAL version is working on my softmodded Xbox. Thanks guys. Maybe something is up with the NTSC version since I haven't seen a copy of it floating around online.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  19. steimy

steimy Active member

Jigen,
    a chipped Xbox should not have a problem with either PAL or NTSC
    Your TV on the other hand can cause a problem if it is not compatible with both formats. Although most are.
    But i have had 3 different TV's and none of them had a problem playing either. And i have a few PAL games for both my Xbox and PS2 and they play just fine. (both systems have modchips)

There is also a setting on the Xbox that you can change the region on. Mine is set to NTSC by default but still plays PAL just fine. Most likely due to the chip.

20. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Steimy, yeah I realize that it's the TV, not the xbox itself that would have issues. Most TV's (in the US anyway) are not compatible with PAL at all, so this was my concern. I'm going to have to get a PAL game and see if it works for me.