Backing up Games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by amalby, May 24, 2005.

1. amalby

amalby Member

Is there any way you can download a game on your computer and then burn the game on a DVD, then it will play in the xbox? But with out Modding your Xbox?

2. amalby

amalby Member

I also heard that you can flash your xbox BIOS and put on a diffent BIOS on that doesent read the security code on the regular xbox games. Meaning you could play backed up games and real xbox games and still play xbox live.

If anyone has any ideas on how to play backed up games on a xbox with out modding, so you can still have xbox live that would be a great help!

Andrew

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

your xbox must be modded in some way
    3 types of mods:

1. modchip: all xbox versions
    2. softmod(software exploit): all xbox versions
    3. tsop flash: 1.0-1.5 xbox's

if your xbox is not modded the xbox will not play a backup, you must be running a hacked bios for backups to be played...sorry buddy but whoever told you that you can play backups on a unmodded xbox is wrong.

it is impossible to play a backup on xboxlive

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2005
  4. amalby

amalby Member

Will I still be able to play Xbox live if I do any of the 3 choices? And can I ever get the xbox unmodded?

Andrew

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

most modchips come with a on/off switch, so you can boot the hacked bios or you can turn the chip off and boot the retail bios...retail bios must be booted and actual game to use xbox live.

tsop flash: 1.0-1.1 you can have a switch as well, but 1.2-1.5 always modded(no switch).

softmod: can't be turned off = NO xbox live

if you use xbox live quite a bit and want a modded box the best way to go is a modchip.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2005
  6. amalby

amalby Member

Thank you for answering my question, do you have any modd chips that you would recemend to me?