Backing up halo 2 Help!(playing modded old maps)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by deke7, Sep 30, 2005.

1. deke7

deke7 Guest

Ok, I am semi-new to the modding community, but I am having trouble backing up Halo 2 multiplayer. I have a stock HD, and the Location of my backed up h2 multiplayer is in /E/Games/Halo2/ and in that i have maps(all except campaign and Mainmenu.map shared.map[something like that] I just have only Ascension-Zanzibar] No others. I also have a blank bink folder /E/Games/Halo2/Bink/ and the media folder which i got from the halo 2 disc(FlashFXP)./E/Games/Halo2/Media/. My evox.ini folder says
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Section "Games"
    {
    Item "Halo 2","e:/Games/Halo2/default.xbe"
    AutoAddItem "e:\games\"
    SortAll
    }
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    When i go to the games folder, I see halo 2, but i cant hilight it or start it(i tryed every button on the controller).

All I want to do is to be able to mod the origional maps and to be able to play them(modded) if anyone knows what is wrong with my setup or any other ways how play origional maps without upgrading HD.
    *I have read many tutorials on this, but I cant get it to load*

I am sorry if my sentence structure is messed up or i have any mispellings.
    Please reply back with quesions or comments. -Deke7

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2005
  2. xyron

xyron Guest

first off all back up halo 2 properly that means install all the file every single one now just go to the halo 2 folder and go to maps and once you have ALL the .map file the FTP the to you pc then mod and FTP back to your xbox then reboot xbox and start halo 2 and enjow your mods!

i personally dont like to take shortcuts especially in modding!