backing up problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by resifreak, Sep 9, 2005.

1. resifreak

resifreak Member

hi i tryed to make a back-up of wrestlemania 21 on xbox and its just loads up but always crashing when u try playing a match or anything really i tryed making a multi-game dvd and it does the same so i just dont understabd why this game is different to anyother game, ive had no problem with ps2 or the xbox ones ive tryed so i dont know why its not working, does anyone able to help me ? also ive used dvd decrypter and nero 6 to burn thanks

2. manufan

manufan Regular member

I got the same problem when i backed my copy up don't know why it happens. I used good quality media and burnt at all speeds and it just didnt want to load NIGHTMARE! In the end i just put the game onto my hard drive and then it worked fine, i suggest you do that if you have a larger hard drive.

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@resifreak & manufan[/bold]

Try clearing out the CACHE folder and seeing if you're able to play after that and a restart.

E:\Cache\ ???
    Delete everything that resides where the question marks are.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2005
  4. resifreak

resifreak Member

i emptyed the cache folder and the backup still doesnt load when i try and .. well anything do u think that wrestlemanina 21 is not back-upable?

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

No it is because I have it. Do you have the latest BIOS on your xbox?

6. resifreak

resifreak Member

i have the bios that cam preinstalled with my mod chip i dont know how to upgrade it ? do u think that might be a problem

7. resifreak

resifreak Member

but this is the only game i have trouble with

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Initially, Halo 2 was the same way for me. Maybe it was coincidence but once I reflashed my BIOS and cleared the CACHE folder files...it worked. If you haven't tried it, it's worth a try.

9. resifreak

resifreak Member

i dont know how to do that or whuch bios i need i know im runnin a aladdin mod with the the evo x dashboard ?

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

11. resifreak

resifreak Member

can i screw up my chip tho if i do it wrong?

12. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I doubt that. Just make sure you make a good disc with your BIOS edit**CD-RW**. You'll be fine.

13. resifreak

resifreak Member

ok ill try it soon and also my xbox wont read copy cd-r audio cds and when copying normal shop brought cd-r's it wont copy the last track im using a crystal xbox a 1.6 i think?

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I'm sorry, that was a typo...CD-RW or you could use a DvD-R but you know as well as I know that would really be a waste of a disc.

15. resifreak

resifreak Member

yea i have slayers auo install 2.6 will that enable mt to flash it by that?

16. resifreak

resifreak Member

im still new to the xbox scene and iw as wondering how do i put a program to copy my game data from my pc to my xbox cus im guessing i can ftp it from my pc to the xbox like thats how i got the data but can i do it to the xbox or is it just one way and how wud u iransfer my wma/mp3 to my xbox cus mine desont read copyed cd-r's :( any help?

17. resifreak

resifreak Member

also wrestlemania 21 still desont work even after trying everytihng but the bios cus my aut install disc wudnt boot off my xbox no more and i dnt know why ? and its written on cd-rw

18. shaand

shaand Member

If you used Craxtion then try Qwix or vice versa whichever is the case.

19. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@resifreak[/bold]

Tried everything?? There could be a couple things there causing this.

Have you ever used CD-RWs for games before? Maybe your xbox drive can't read them or that particular brand.

Have you tried just saving the game to the xbox hdd and then playing it? It may be a bad file within the game not allowing it to play.

Have you cleaned out the CACHE files on your xbox? Go to the E:Drive/CACHE/"delete all the files in this directory".

Have you tried backing up the game to a DvD-R? You may have better results.

The game is playable, I have it and I have never had an issue.

Haven't tried the BIOS? I don't think you'd need to but after you try the above and nothing happens...yeah, make sure your BIOS is the most current for your dashboard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As for that issue/question you have several options.

If you are transferring a game from your PC and it is in .xiso format, use an .xiso transfer tool. (i.e. Qwix, Craxtion) An FTP Client can also be used (i.e. Flash FXP, Cute FTP) transfer games but in order for them to work, they must not be in .xiso format. It can transfer game folders. Unsure what theat is/what's the difference?? An xiso is the disc image format for the game, what you use to make a game disc. The game folder is an extraction of the .xiso. It's the way your games are stored on your xbox hdd. If you are transfering programs and/or files to your xbox...an FTP Client is the only way.

IMPORTANT: If your dashboard is Avalaunch, use Qwix as your .xiso transfer tool. If your dashboard is EvolutionX, the only compatible .xiso transfer tool available is Craxtion. "Craxtion does not work with any other dashboard. As for all other dashboards and transfer tools, Qwix should work just fine. With that being said, I would only recommend using AvaL or EvoX for your dashboard.

One more thing, xboxes will not play .xiso unless they are on a disc. When you use a program like Qwix to transfer an xiso to your xbox it actually extracts that image and transfers the file to your xbox creating a game folder.

Hope that info helps...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2005
  20. resifreak

resifreak Member

i got wwe wrestlemania working had to use qwix (thanks uniique1 ) and evenb tho i probley buggin everyone on here lol but i keep trying to boot a evo x installer off a mr data 4x cd-rw and well after ive burnt it exactly how i used to it dont work and i dont wanna have to use a dvd cus i wanted to try and get xbmc on my xbox so i cud transfer my music from my pc that i dnt have on cd so anyone no the easiet way to do this ? also where does the xbox store the music ripped to the harddrive through the M$ Dash cus i cant find them ive looked on al the drives and ive found the saves but my music isnt there as i thought it would be any help guys?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005