backing up xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by steve3161, Jun 30, 2004.

1. steve3161

steve3161 Member

is it possible to back up xbox games to the xbox hard drive with out using a computer?

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Yes, you need to do some research, all the answers are on this forum, and various sites.
    Lookup stuff on px hddloader and other similar apps.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Is it true Michael Jackson speaks Marklar?[/small]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  3. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

Yes, I've never used a pc when backing up my games, or transfering my backups to other boxes.

4. steve3161

steve3161 Member

is there somewhere i can read a tutuorial on this i have looked around and and only find tutotrials on backing up games with a pc. thanks

5. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

I would think it would be easier to spend the measly 500 bucks at Dell to get a computer. My money is that you will give up and we won't see you in two weeks.

6. steve3161

steve3161 Member

that is funny...you lose your bet, i modded my xbox almost a month ago and still have yet to use it and havent given up yet.....thanks for your encouragement(sarcastically)

7. Halfflip

Halfflip Member

If you have already modded your xbox then the hard part is done. I would suggest using an auto-installer to install evoX if you haven't already. Once this is done all the applications you will ever need is at your fingertips. I myself used the Team Xavier auto installer and it works great. Now all I have to do is place the game in the xbox, go to disc copies & file managers, and select copy game. Wala......the game is on my xbox. You may have some problems with some games that will not work. I believe you need to patch them with a computer, but most games you want will more than likely work.

8. steve3161

steve3161 Member

thanks for your help halfflip!! i have never heard of that autoinstaller, i will look for it

9. Halfflip

Halfflip Member

Well if you don't or haven't found it and would like a copy. PM me and I'll send it to you. Then you'll just have to burn it to a CD-R (TDK is my favorite as I found my Xbox usually reads them), pop it in your xbox, and follow the simple commands. Happy to share the knowledge.

10. sEt_i

sEt_i Member

HEY EVERYONE, I NEED SOME HELP PLEASE. I HAVE MODDED MY XBOX ALREADY.I HAVE INSTALLED EVOX AND I AM ABLE TO CONNECT TO MY PC USING FLASHFXP. I MADE AN ISO USING XISO PROGRAM. I HAVE BURNED COPYIES OF GAMES ON DVD-RW USING NERO V6.0. WHEN I TRY TO BOOT THE GAME IT DOES NOT WORK. BUT THE VERY FIRST TIME I TRIED BURNING A GAME IT WORK PERFECTY(TETRIS WORLDS). BUT EVERYTHING AFTER DID NOT WORK... IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH.

11. ozy

ozy Regular member

for starters I would get rid of xiso and use either iso maker 2.0, craxtion 4 or similar. Secondly try using different media, I use princo myself, but apparently ritek are reliable. If still fails try patching the xbe file prior to burning or updating your chip bios to evox M7 or M8. Hope that helps! "Good Luck"

Last edited: Jul 31, 2004
  12. sEt_i

sEt_i Member

thanx ozy, i will try it right away. One more thing, i use memorex and maxell dvd+r and dvd+rw. Are those good brands of disc.

13. Halfflip

Halfflip Member

Memorex didn't work to great for me. I have an Xbox v1.0. I found that TDK works great though in just about any xbox.

14. raven31

raven31 Member

datawrite red are best

15. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I have a 1.1 and maxell and memorex always worked for me (i have a samsung by the way)

16. Laxington

Laxington Member

well if you wanna make 100% working iso's, then use gdfimage. copy the game via network onto your pc then run gdfimage and burn it with recordnow onto DVD-R (some DVD+R will work too, but sometimes you will get the "dirty dvd" screen). this will work.

greetz,
    lax

17. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

Ok if its posted already im sorry.

But if you require to save a game disc "that you own of course" to your hdd you require a few things to do this.

Firstly a modded xbox be it via a modchip or a software exploit it matter not which (personally i would say get a modchip)this must be installed and booting a bios of your choice say for example Evo-X

Next would be a larger Hard drive (no point in attempting to use the original it may only save a few games as it so small)a 120gig is a good one to get as they are cheap and cost little.

Then with this new hdd install a dashboard such as Evo-X (compatible bis above chosen bios)you can install Evo-X via a Autoinstaller (stay away from "slayers" thought its old bloatware now)try out "X-disk" its recent and works well.you can download x-disk in an iso format that you burn the "image" to a disc and your good to go.

Once all that is done you are now in a position to install games from the dvd drive to your xbox upgraded hard drive.

The most used tool would be say "DVD2XBOX" or "ComplexLoader" which both come with the x-disk, from those tools you just pop chosen disc in the xbox DVD Drive and then from the dash "highlight" the software program you wish to use then press "A" and the program will load and to install the game disc you follow you chosen programs on screen prompts.

NOTE i would use dvd2xbox as in many cases it will automatically patch the games files for you to prevent "game freeze" when running from Hdd.

I hope this actually answers your question, if you need anymore assistance please do not hesitate to ask

Regards

18. ev1l

ev1l Guest

steve u need a computer to make xbox back up's and a dvd burner

19. mikeh455

mikeh455 Guest

Someone help me. I bought a xenium ice mod chip and a 120 gig hard drive for my xbox. I got it put in and the HD working. I want to back up games to my hard drive. I have looked everywhere to find out how to do this. I need a bios? and a dashboard? I want the evolutionX BIOS and a dashboard. are these the same? Can anyone send me it or direct me to it? Thanks for your help. Some one who has done this, please explain how i can do it.