backing up xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rougemind, Nov 23, 2005.

1. rougemind

rougemind Member

I have a soft mod xbox and recently when i was backing up my games it dawned on me that it is entirely possible to skip a step and backup games (that you own) and download them via p2p network but for this to work you must keep in mind that so many other people have p2p networks of any kind and also backup thier xbox games on the same computer with this in mind if you can figure out what they named the file and search on p2p network for it if you find something it should be a dvd size file if its to small it cant be it most xbox games are between 1.2gb and 6.8gb but only the ones small enough to fit on a single layer dvd are easiest to use anything bigger gets tricky but it can be done.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just wanted to say your thread dosent make much sense.

What are you trying to say?

Skip a step? What step are you skipping when backing up games?

It sounds like your saying instead of using the game you own to make the backup, you could download the game off the net Via P2P.

This would be pointless.

The time it would take you to backup your Xbox game Via the disc would be 5 to 20 minutes depending on what needs to be done and size of disc. Time it takes to download an Xbox game. Uasly more then 1 hour if your lucky sometimes up to a day or 2 depending on how well seeded the game is.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  3. theridges

theridges Guest

yea games for me usually take about 3 maybe 4 but if it has high seeder then only 1 or 2 i have never gotten a game the same day i started the download...

4. rougemind

rougemind Member

for those of you that dont get it i threw that in there for legal reason you dont have too own it duhhhhhhh!!!!

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I didnt get half what you said above cause it didnt make sense.

As for downloading games off the net you download them for 1 reason and it isnt a legal 1.

6. warhawk1

warhawk1 Guest

im having a problem... a 4.39gb iso will not fit on a 4.7gb dvd... any help on making this possible?