Backup games problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by TX_666, Sep 28, 2005.

1. TX_666

TX_666 Guest

ok i am having trouble backing up some games and was wondering if anyone could help out.i have all the programmes and have successfully networked my pc to xbox.I have used dvd2xbox and xbcopy to copy the game to the Hdd, but i found dvd2xbox works best.then i send the game to my pc and use gdfimage to create the iso, and then i burn at 1x or 2x using stomp recordnowmax or nero, and create the disk.when i go to play it in my xbox though, my evox dashboard says disc unknown.
    the games that have failed are MI:OP Surma, Links 2004
    successfully backed up Bond everything or nothing!!!
    have i missed a step?
    do i need to patch the xbe and if so how?
    any help is greatly appreciated
    thankyou

2. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

it is possibly a bad media problem. try reburning the game. or try using DVD2Xbox then use qwix to create the Xixo and Nero to burn with. I haven't had a bad burn yet in over 60 games

3. Nightrida

Nightrida Member

for "unkown" problem, look for zero files and delete then patch with quix and make iso.

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I would have to agree with the media issue....try another brand of disk with a different dye....it might work. Once you find a brand that your xbox likes...stick with it. Also see if you have any other games that WILL run on the same brand of disk...if they do,then it might not be the media problem. When you backup the game with DVD2XBOX check to see if there are any media check failures.