Backup help...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by GuyInAHat, Aug 27, 2006.

1. GuyInAHat

GuyInAHat Member

Alright. So my DVD drive on my Xbox is broken, and I need to backup a game. I have a DVDR/W-+ on my comp. I'm going to back it up from the original Xbox CD to my comps HD. Problem is, the comps DVD drive wont detect all the space, and says its 13 MB.

What programs and stuff should I use?

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Can you please give us more information?

I'm not sure if you mean that your PC can detect the DVDR or the Xbox game...

In any case, you can't back up an Xbox game using a normal PC drive, since it can't read the file system. To back up an Xbox game you'd need to have a working modded Xbox, which it doesn't seem you have.

Since your DVD drive isn't working, it may be in your best interest to replace the drive with new one or attempt repairing it. Seeing how it's busted, I'm not sure how trying to play a back-up is going to make a difference.

3. GuyInAHat

GuyInAHat Member

Ah nevermind, I guess it wont work...
    Unless you could do it from a non modded 360

4. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

A dvd drive is pretty cheap I got mine on ebay for 20 bucks brand new with warranty and no you would have to mod you 360 also to play backups , don't much about the 360 softmods but I do know they have a backwards capabilty patch for your 360 to play xbox games without mod, but am not for sure, just research it and find out for yourself.