Backup Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by spitfire6, Jul 1, 2005.

1. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

hi! I made a backup of Unreal Tournament 2: The Liandri Conflict, when i put in my xbox it boots well, but when the loading screen comes up, after
    6 seconds the screen goes black and appear the message "dirty or damage disk" What did I did wrong?

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

This could either be one of three things....

[bold]1)[/bold] The media you are using is not very good (try Taiyo Yuden, Ritek G03/G04's, Verbatim, TDK, etc.). Also, most people use dvd-r if your not using that already.

[bold]2)[/bold] Your drive's laser is having problems reading the game disc. Try cleaning it and if that does not work look into tweaking it. What drive do you have? If you do not know check out these pictures to find out... http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/xboxdrives.htm

[bold]3)[/bold] Could be just a bad burn, try burning the game again.

Have you burned other games? If so have they worked fine?

3. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

thanks

well i'm using khypermedia disc DVD-R. I don't think is the laser, because my original game is working fine also my other games. My DVD drive is a Thomson. And I already burn it twice one with a khypermedia, then with a memorex (with this, the game do not boot, when i put the game the xbox recognizes it, but when I try to run the game, it stays in the loading screen of evox and the game doesn't come up), then i burn it again with a khypermedia and it happens what I post first. Also this my first time making a backup..... thanks in advance

4. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

this is what I did when i made the backup

1.ftp the game from the xbox to my pc
    2.patch the xbe with QWIX
    3.create the iso with QWIX
    4.then open dvd decrypter and write the iso in 1x speed

i'm doing something wrong?

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Nope, that is 100% correct on how your making your backup.

Here is what you can try to do....

First, instead of going into the dash and running the game from there, just put it in the Xbox drive and then turn on the system so it loads the game before it goes to the dash. This will probably do nothing to help but it's worth a try.

Next, I have a Thomson drive also, and I used all kinds of media including Memorex, Sony, Prodisc, TDK and Taiyo Yuden and only two of those brands actually worked in my Thomson drive, TDK and Taiyo Yuden.

The other brands I tried did the exact same thing your's did, Memorex wouldn't even boot up, Sony would boot up but lag and then give me a dirty disc error, and prodisc did the same as Memorex. The Ty's and TDK's booted up flawlessly.

You can get a 100pk. of Ty's on http://www.supermediastore.com for around $35 (U.S.) That is really cheap for the quality you get out of those DVD's.

You could try pot tweaking your Thomson Laser, which would make it read the backup games better, here is a guide for that (it is not that easy to do!) http://minnwild.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=285

You may want to check out this little game freezing guide also,

http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/backupfreezexbox.htm

6. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

thanks for the help man I owe you a lot. sorry to bother you so much i'm a newbie to this.

It is safe to delete the cache?

another question when i patch the default.xbe do i need to patch all the xbe that appears on the game?

I'm from puerto rico, could I find the TY brand on officemax? The TDK will work?

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yes, it is safe to delete the cache. Cache just holds recently ran data in it so it can load things faster the next time it is loaded again.

Yeah, it is a good idea to patch all of the .xbe's.

Before you buy your media I just wanted to let you know that it may not work still, but the chances are greater. I once had a Philips drive in which I could not get it to read any backup game, even w/ the highest quality media. So I had to get the Thomson drive instead...

So if your only buying the DVD discs for backing up your Xbox games, I would say order a smaller pk. like 25 or so. But if you backup other games and DVD movies, you might as well get a 100pk. because it is really cheap buying in the bulk like that.

I do not think that Officemax sells Ty, but I think they may sell TDK. Doesn't the website I gave you ship out of the states?

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Oh yeah, don't worry about it (for me helping you) We all started where you were at and soon you will be where the rest of us gurus are at :)

9. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

thanks

I delete the cache but it doesn't work, I buy a 5 pk TDK DVD-R to try burning it again so wish me luck? And thank you very much for your patience man.

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Good luck

11. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

hi man sorry to bother you so much.

I burn it again with a TDK disc and it's doing the same the khypermedia disc is doing. Please help me? I'm going crazy over here.

thanks in advance

12. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

Hi man it's to tell you that I made backups of 3 games I have. The game are doom 3, amped and fight night round 2. I backup them, and they work perfectly. But when i backup Unreal Tournament 2 it's doesn't work.