backups dont work

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Awol85, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Awol85

Awol85 Member

hi im trying to backup my xbox games using qwik and nero 6 i use qwik to make the game into an iso and then try to burn it with nero it burns the data to disc then when i put it in my xbox it doesnt read it and boxplorer is reporting the disc as empty. ive tried other burning programs (alcohol 120% & dvd decrypter) and i get the same problem with all im using fujifilm dvd-r media becuase it is what had work the best in the past when getting friends to do my back ups any help would be appreciated

2. shademand

shademand Regular member

Sometimes it depends on which model DVD drive you have in your Xbox, some can be rather particular at times. Also, at times it depends on which dashboard you are using as well, generally if you are using the Avalaunch dash use Qwix, if you are using the Evox dash use Craxtion. Or you could use FlashFXP, to extract the game files, then use either program to create the XIso. I personally use Qwix then Alcohol 120% to burn the image to disc and have never encountered a problem with any title and I've always used the cheapest DVDs that I can find on sale in the Sunday paper.

3. Awol85

Awol85 Member

Ive tried craxtion and qwik but still nothing my ebox is modded with the evox dash. i cant get dvd dycryptor to burn onto dvd-r's and when i use nero or alcohol it burns the iso to the disc and appears to work fine but it wont play in my xbox. my buddy made a back up for me and it works flawlessly along with all the other copies i have so the mod is fine just somthing is wrong with the burning process the only thing i can think is im missing some small part of the process

4. shademand

shademand Regular member

Have you tried reducing the speed when you burn?

5. sharky489

sharky489 Regular member

Download a trial version of nero 7
    open up nero burning rom
    click file
    then open
    find the ISO which you want to burn
    make sure you tick the box to finalise the dvd
    and click burn

when burnt wait a couple of minutes befor you put the disc in the xbox so that the disc can cool down

6. Awol85

Awol85 Member

yes i have tried burning as low as 1x and it still doesnt work i managed to burn one copy of a game then it stopped working again

7. shademand

shademand Regular member

Are you changing any settings? with Alcohol 120% you should just use the default settings with the image burning wizard. What version of Alcohol 120% are you using? I use Version 1.9.2 (Build 1705), I did experience a similar problem when I upgraded to a newer version, when I re-installed this version, it worked just fine again.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

with Nero ar you using the image burning part of it, looks like a picture of a DVD with a match on fire?

I personally always use DVD Decrypter for my Xbox and PS2 games.

Other possible problems could be out of date burner firmware
    cheap or unreliable media
    wrong burning speed for the discs you use

9. SpAz328

SpAz328 Member

I Burned Star Wars Nights of the old rebublic 2 and it booted up like it was going to play the game. After the lucas arts logo it told me that my disk may be dirty scratched or dusty. Any Ideas guys?

10. steimy

steimy Active member

what type and speed media was it?
    What did you burn it with?
    What speed did you burn it at?
    more information would really help