Backups Not Working With HD Cable

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jamieshan, Sep 24, 2005.

1. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Okay, this is pretty weird but I'm hoping someone else has experienced the same thing. I'm trying to play my backup copy of X-Men Legends 2, and it plays fine with composite cables, but when I use my HD cables for the Xbox the screen flickers. Has anyone else experienced this with other games? Any idea what would cause this? Thanks for the help!

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I found this excerpt in a document via Google:
    As screens get larger, tricking our eyes to use interlaced images
    becomes more difficult. Flickering is more obvious, and picture quality deteriorates.

I don't know if that's your problem or not. I would think it would effect all you games when using HD but maybe it's worth some looking into.

Here is the link for the entire document. You'll need Adobe Reader to view it.
    http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/0/830_MotDoc.pdf

3. Ramlion

Ramlion Member

isnt there a hd setting in the xbox main menu u hafta to set , just like the dts u have to turn on if u want the fiber optics cable to work,

4. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Thanks for the link Uniique1, but I don't think that's the problem because other games work fine with the same setup in HD. Maybe "flickers" wasn't a good choice of words. The screen actually rolls up and down as if it were a pal image trying to be displayed on an NTSC tv. When I switch to composite cables the problem goes away. Strange indeed.

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@jamieshan
    You're welcome.
    Because other games work and that one doesn't it's obviously not your settings...maybe you should take the game off, restart and then put it back on. I wouldn't even rule out something being wrong with the game itself. But I guess I end this one with an I don't know. If you figure it out, POST or PM me...I'm interested on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2005
  6. jasin39

jasin39 Member

Is the XMEN game an orginal or is it downloaded. If its not a store bought original, maybe you did get a pal. Also some games support only one type of HD, like 480p or 1080i, or 720, check the back of the box to see which one your game supports, also make sure you tv supports the type of HD. Lastly, if need be check in the xbox menu under settings as they have an option for each type of HD that you either have to turn on or leave off. Hope this helps