Backups won't work on Evox +3935 modded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Eire1982, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Eire1982

Eire1982 Member

Hey guys. Need some help. A friend backed up some of my xbox games for me, but I can't play some of them, either from the disc or the harddrive.

Take Farcry: Instincts for example. It boots ok to the screen where I have to press "Start" to continue. After this point, the game continues to load, but the game won't respond to any inputs from the controller. I have tried several controllers, none solving the problem.

Another one giving me trouble is Project Gotham Racer 2. It has the same problem, except when you hit start, the loading screens comes up and it just hangs there.

I have an xbox I modded using Autoinstaller deluxe, using the evox +3935 dashboard. I didn't change BIOS's or anything

Can anyone help me?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

It's not the fault of Evox. Those games absolutely will work with 3935.

3. Eire1982

Eire1982 Member

Any idea what it could be? I'm using a retail BIOS. Could that be the problem?

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Maybe the way you burned your games.

5. Eire1982

Eire1982 Member

Thanks TheReturn. I've tried backing games up myself. The procedure I use is:

1. Rip game to HDD using Complex Tools

2. Copy to PC using FTP software.

3. Make ISO using Qwix

4. Burn ISO using DVD decrypter.

This exact method works with some games e.g Tiger Wood 2006, but not with others, e.g. Project Gotham Racer 2, Forza Motor Sport, Farcry Instincts

My friend tried backing them up, but with the same problem.

I've also tried copying original games to my HD but with the same problem. Some will play and some won't.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok. after you rip pgr2 to xbox's hdd, then play it from hdd before ftp to pc. The point is to make sure the game runs from hdd without errors.

7. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

I used exactly the same method as you to copy those games (Forza, PGR2, FC Instints) with two exceptions; I used DVD2XBOX for the ripping and Nero for the burning.
    All three games worked perfectly from the HDD after ripping in both Evox and Avalaunch, so if they didn't for you, then it might be Complex Tools that is doing something wrong.
    I know that this is far from a concrete solution, but none of them have any special protections or tricks to backing them up, so there is definitely something wrong with the procedure you are using.

8. Eire1982

Eire1982 Member

Thanks for the suggestion Jigen. Have tried ripping my original of PGR 2 (which works perfectly when played from the Game DVD) to the HDD with both DVD2XBOX and Complex Tools, neither of which give me a working version of the game on my harddrive. It simply gets to the to the loading screen and crashes.