1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Media..........Verbatim DVD-R ??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dabig25, Apr 19, 2011.

1. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Haven't been on AD for a few years.

Guess it's because I haven't had any backing up issues ??

I've been using Verbatim DVD-R Media for years w/o any problems at all. I tried backing up a movie this weekend using CloneDVD & keep getting an error message saying It cant write onto blank DVD-R......possible bad media.

I also tried backing up using Nero Recode & it gave a message something about a power issue with my DVD Burner ?

I backed up a movie a few weeks back w/o any problems at all.

I just purchased a Brand New 50 pack of Verbatim DVD-R media from B*st B*y. These are the discs I've been having the problems with.

[​IMG]

2. attar

attar Senior member

The Verbatim disks that say 'Advanced AZO' on the package are the ones that burn reliably.
    The 'Life Series' have been panned in a lot of forums.

3. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Yeah

I just checked some of the BB customer reviews on this media & doesn't look good.

Somebody mentioned that this is Verbatims cheapest media available . Not AZO layered.

Got a buddy who's gonna try to do a back on his PC to try it. If it doesn't work on his then it's gotta be the media.
    Gonna have to return it & make the next ones I get are AZO layered.

No wonder these were so cheap

4. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Yeah

I just checked some of the BB customer reviews on this media & doesn't look good.

Somebody mentioned that this is Verbatims cheapest media available . Not AZO layered.

Got a buddy who's gonna try to do a back on his PC to try it. If it doesn't work on his then it's gotta be the media.
    Gonna have to return it & make the next ones I get are AZO layered.

No wonder these were so cheap