1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangkok Dangerous

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by royalaser, Dec 23, 2008.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Well there goes the single disc versus two disc edition theory.
    I only bought the single disc and not a problem - full disc took 13 mins. using AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 and CloneDVD.

2. orion6192

orion6192 Member

Fill disc failed 82.49%

Mine is the double sided single disc.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  3. stopnbone

stopnbone Member

this site has always been a help for me whenever i have had problems, but i never posted anything before (no real creative input to provide). however, when i tried ripping this movie unsuccessfully (like so many others), it frustrated me so much, that i said to myself, "if you find a solution, you better post it to help others like they have helped you so many times before." so anyway, here is what i did to rip bangkok dangerous (movie only): like n80r posted earlier, i used ripit4me. it went only so far though, before showing errors. however, it went far enough that, when opening up what was completed with dvd shrink, i was able to open the movie up via re-author (title 1 is what i've been reading), shrink, and burn successfully!! i hope this helps...

4. Burnmeout

Burnmeout Member

Ok here is what I did and got a full copy of Bangkok Dangerous
    I used Anydvd and Dvdfab 5.2.2.2 even though it says Anydvd won't work with Dvdfab I just clicked ok also make sure you disable pathplayer After it loads I went to customize and checked everything except titles 23,24,and 25
    So check 1,19,11,8,13,12,7,10,9,15,16,14,17,and 18 that's the order going down that they show up in. Then copy it as dvd9 to your HD. After it finish's coping use dvdshrink and do a full disk copy of the files from the Hard drive. You can always just get the movie alone if that is all you want. I even think you can use dvdfab again to make your copy's but didn't try that.

If you can get the files to show in Dvdfab without Anydvd then your good to go with the rest of instructions. Mine was just locking up tell I did it this way and got it to work. I did Disaster Movie Same way except you could just do a full disk in Dvdfab without customizing it. Then copy it as a dvd9 to HD, then do the dvdshrink full copy also. Hope this helps some of you.

5. mazster

mazster Member

Burned it.....I got audio but, No Video!

EDIT...Did it again and it worked! Thanks...

6. Basenco

Basenco Regular member

It worked! Took about 4 times to get it running. Thanks

7. IronLung

IronLung Member

OK, I read through everything. I wanted AnyDVD and Nero Recode2 to work so I gave this a try and it immediately worked!

After upgrading AnyDVD to 6.5.0.7 and the endless scanning problem persisted...

Go to AnyDVD settings - Video DVD:Settings and under AI SCANNER: select DISABLED (Not recommended)

AnyDVD successfully rescanned Bangkok Dangerous in just a few seconds.

I fired up Nero Recode2 and selected Main Movie backup, it asked to include all titles, I chose NO. It found the movie title correctly and recoded it without hesitation.

BOOYAH! Don't forget to return your AnyDVD settings to AI Scanner: Automatic

8. areamike

areamike Member

UPDATE: This worked for me. I did not load through DVD Shrink afterwards. I just burnt the files using IMGBURN and viola! I am watching the backup copy on my TV now(Movie only).

9. orion6192

orion6192 Member

I just used RipIt4Me (the original one) which uses DVD Decrypter and it pulled the entire disc. I'm running it through VOBBlanker now to "clean it up" and I'll burn it and post an update.

10. khlockett

khlockett Guest

RIPIT4ME or DVDFAB worked fine; you will notice the symbols <title> around the title of the movie. Shrink will not work. thank you have a nice evening.

11. squirtu2

squirtu2 Member

so i did bangkok and now disaster movie with one click dvd copy 5 and dvd43 in background got menu and movie. you can download click dvd copy 5 and get three free rips and dvd43 4.4 is free try it out i guarantee it works not a noobie even though it says

12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

i wouldn't let dvd43 anywhere near my machine!

13. orion6192

orion6192 Member

Worked and burned fine - full disc and copied clean; burned with Nero Burning Rom.

14. squirtu2

squirtu2 Member

why not

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Congrats to you. AnyDVD had no problem after A1 scanner was disabled.Nero Recode opened movie only at 94% and I'm fixing to run it. I'll post back.

Edit: Got good copy and burn at 97% compression after getting rid of 2 channel and keeping 6. Recode nary a hiccup.

16. wowitsbob

wowitsbob Member

17. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I see you got a little of a challenge there garmoon :)

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Miss Binkie it's over-got it after IronLung led the way. Disable A1 scanner in AnyDVD Video settings, and everything works like it's supposed to.

19. DADDYFU

DADDYFU Member

ash4l IS CORRECT in his summarization of the problem with the movie.
    I got ANYDVD 6.5.0.8 and it read the disc just fine...
    However, when CLONEDVD2 attempted to scan the disc it got stuck @ 44 OR 45%. iF you try to skip the scanning you get an error when the app scans before ripping.
    Once again ASH41 gave us ALL the solution...he said (I guess ASH41 is a guy):posted December 27, 2008.
    "I found a solution to Bangkok Dangerous if you have the latest AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 to make a full back up,you might be able to use this method with other programs but I'm not sure. In CloneDVD2 I had to deselect titles 20,23,24 and 25. Title 1 is the movie. So you all could try that."
    ...when you remove titles 20,23,24 and 25 your "read" percentage doesn't increase it stays at approx. 74-75%...but still in the green.
    ASH41 ALL of the RIP community thanks you for your brilliant deduction of this pardox attempted by LION'S GATE.
    PS: If you put the DVD in your player...
    1)It loads EXTREMELY SLOWLY
    2)You cannot jump to the main menu from the intro
    3)The bogus title sets greatly affect the DVDs play-ability.

Just wanted to add my $.02

20. chilenony

chilenony Member

BURNMEOUT... I did exactly what you did and it worked!! Copied the whole DVD! woohoo!! Run dvdFab.. Let it scan.. Hit ABORT 2 or 3 times.. Then go to Customize and check everything except 23 24 25. Select DVD9. Save it to your HD. Press Start.. during the copying process, the error will pop up. Hit IGNORE. This will happen like 4 times. after that, it's smooth sailin... Run DVD Shrink and thats it! You have the full copy! DVDShrink will take a while but in 20 mins you'll be done!!