1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangkok Dangerous

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by royalaser, Dec 23, 2008.

1. shummyr

shummyr Regular member

Tools Used

Dvd Shrink
    AnyDvd 6.5.0.7

Reauthored Disc
    Only Use Title 1
    Saved As Iso
    Burned Suscessfully

No Enjoying My Movie Menu and Ad, Commercial Free

Hope This Helps

2. munozee

munozee Member

ditto to that I used shrink with reauthor title one and bam! it worked I played the movie and its works fine. Oh yeah I finished shrink with decryptor.

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

If you do disable Pathfinder, it's a good idea to go back in when you're done backing it up and change it back to Enable When Necessary.

4. EnigmaCM

EnigmaCM Member

I ripped it with Any DVD and Clone DVD 2, full copy all menus and extras. I can't tell you which version of Any DVD I used right now, will post back in a bit with the answer

Update: I had used AnyDVD 6.4.9.0 and it worked fine for me. Just the same, will update

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  5. majik_D

majik_D Member

I just burned a copy with anydvd beta 6.5.0.8 and dvdshrink 3.2. Reauthored the disc and chose only the main title, burned to disc beautifully. No issues whatsoever.

6. MUNEYG

MUNEYG Member

using latest ANYDVD and DVD FAB Platinum DVD Shrink
    My problem is this....

whenever I go to DVD shrink and open in re-author mode, the longest title is only like 10 minutes long (Looks to be only previews). If i try to open it the regular way (open files, then choose the folder holding the rip) it says that its only 616 MB eben though the folder says its 7.2 GB.

If I use DVD FAB platinum (Movie only) it will not bring the audio over. the "copy DVD-audio (TS folder)" option is grayed out. so i can get video but no audio.

Anyone else run into this problem? Same thing happens if I use ANYDVD rip to harddrive...comes out to something a little over 600 MB.

Need help!!

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Muneyg

If you disable A1 scanner in Videodvd settings, anyDVD latest beta version 6508,all problems are solved and anydvd works normally with NeroRecode and I'm sure shrink and clone dvd too.

After you get the burn try to play on your pc, mine has audio drop out while opening credits rool as does the ORIGINAL store bought disc which won't even load to play in Power DVD without AnyDVD enabled.

Both play normally in stand alone dvd.

Also the disable pathplayer in latest DVDFab version does NOT work for my disc.

8. curlyguy

curlyguy Member

heres what i did to make a perfect copy of just the main movie of bangkok dangerous. i used dvdfab 4306 (i think) it is the latest version of 4 before they went to 5. but anyway, i put the disk in, it tried to read it and then it came up with the retry abort and ignore box, i had to hit ignore twice, and then it opened the disk. i just selected the main movie and started. it took about 45 minutes to read and about 10 to write. i checked the copy, comes up fine plays, i have audio and everything. i didn't fully watch it because i had things to do, i did skip around in it and it worked. i am going to watch it tonight and after i do, i will report back to see if it did fully work.

9. jlee64

jlee64 Member

I just used good old dvd shrink- went to re-author then put bangkok Dangerous disk in and chose video 1 -set audio and pressed backup to copy and burn

10. corty34m

corty34m Member

I JUST MADE A 99% PERFECT COPY OF THE ENTIRE MOVIE BANGKOK DANGEROUS WITH ALL THE MENU'S AND EXTRA'S. ONLY 2 SMALL GLITCHES WHEN I TESTED THE BURNED COPY OUT THOUROUGHLY!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  11. vballstud

vballstud Guest

AnyDVD was just updated...

AnyDVD (HD) 6.5.1.0 beta
    Safe for everyone to try:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6510.exe

This version fixes the problems with "Bangkok Dangerous" rental & 2-disc special edition, US, and maybe some other discs:

6.5.1.0 2009 01 07
    - New (Blu-ray): Added support for new PowerDVD builds, which displayed
    a "virtual drive not supported" error
    - New (DVD): Added support for new protections
    - New: Added display, how long you can receive free updates with your
    license
    - Fix: Autoplay was triggered after system wakeup from sleep
    - Some minor fixes and improvements
    - Updated languages

Testing this out at the moment. CloneDVD appears to like the new beta. I didn't get read errors on the disc anymore and got to see the preview. Copying the files to my HD until my order for new blank dvds come in tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
  12. areamike

areamike Member

THAT IS GREAT AND YOUR CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON!!!

AND YOU NEVER SAY HOW YOU DID IT!!?!

13. richmoral

richmoral Member

Someone beat me to it. I was going to post this. I successfully did it using the latest CloneDVD with this AnyDVD using DVD-9 mode and I'm going to try using DVDFab to shrink it down to DVD-5 since that seems to give out using higher %.

14. squirtu2

squirtu2 Member

i dont no what the fuss was i used two of the crappiest programs there are 1 click dvd 5 and dvd43, i posted it a couple times but i guess people dont believe me, bangkok dangerous with menus and disater movie with no problem in 20 min i couldnt believe it but i watch both and they were fine. sometimes when the heavy hitters dont work you have to go with the small ones

15. corty34m

corty34m Member

sorry about my caps lock being on..guess it doesn't matter now cause anydvd was updated but I too used 1clickdvd copy and dvd43 to rip the movie and burn..the only glitches i experienced was after hitting play movie on the main menu the dvd would freeze at 2 seconds but if you hit your fast scan forward button it would unfreeze and play just fine. Also on the extras when you watched the previews it would show the end title of the preview for a split second then go back to the beginning of the preview. No biggie, but maybe we can remember these 2 progs in the future when trouble arises.

16. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@shummyr
    Oh my - sig big enuf there .... Let's get it reduced ASAP.
    Link in my sig on the rules.

17. curlyguy

curlyguy Member

I just watch the copy i made and it worked 100%.

18. vballstud

vballstud Guest

Not that we don't believe you, but some people may not want to bog down their system with that many apps. I also have paid for my version of AnyDVD and would prefer to exhaust that resource first before resorting to installing more programs.

19. babysatan

babysatan Member

Yeah, well, I bought a rotisserie oven one time and guess how often that gets used... You might want to try being a bit more versatile or you're going to end up with an empty wallet and a vastly reduced movie library.
    I think this flick has proven you can NEVER have enough proggies when it comes to rippin'.

20. bryston

bryston Regular member

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.2.2.6 Beta

5.2.2.6 Beta (January 8, 2009)
    New: Added support for new copy protections.
    Fix: Eject wrong drive tray if there are two or more DVD writers when burning for second time.
    Fix: Converted WMV file cannot be played in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: Reduced memory usage when converting DVD to Xbox 360 or Zune. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

This version should fix the problems with "Bangkok Dangerous" (US) and "Disaster Movie" (US).

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5226Beta_avangate-675.exe

https://secure.avangate.com/affiliate.php?ACCOUNT=DVDFABSW&AFFILIATE=675&PATH=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dvdfab.com%2Ffree.htm

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5222_avangate-675.exe