1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangkok Dangerous

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by royalaser, Dec 23, 2008.

1. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I got this movie last night using the latest beta version of anydvd. Using the trial version gave no problems. Was able to shrink and burn....no hiccups.

2. vballstud

vballstud Guest

Hardly a fair comparison there. AnyDVD has a proven track record and I've been backing up dvds for years. With 1000's of dvds in my library, I think I know what I'm doing and when to have faith in certain programs.

Invalid statement since the two programs I have faith in both came through without the need for installing two more programs. AnyDVD was enough.

3. vballstud

vballstud Guest

I think you got that backwards... DVDFab to DVD-9... CloneDVD to compress and burn.

4. nemesees

nemesees Regular member

Thank You for the link. This Beta version for DVDFab works. I too prefer using DVDFab. It is fast and easy and usually reliable in most of my burnt dvds. Usually within a day or two of a US release date, DVDFab comes through with a succesful Beta. (my 2 cents)

I tried using 1clickdvd with its partner dvd43 and no problem burning but the result was low sound volume, unless I was sposed to tweak it some.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  5. rahump

rahump Member

I tried this method and backed up perfectly. You rock!

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5226 rip this beast (BANGKOK DANGEROUS, US Region 1) beautifully. I ripped a full Disc mode and have VobBlanker took care of "useless junks and previews" (kept some specials) and encoded with DVD-Rebuilder Pro + CCE and burn with ImgBurn. Backup came out perfect.

Best of luck to all.

7. geebnole

geebnole Member

This works...so far. In the middle of it. I have a copy of DvDFab 4.0.6.2 if you want it. I checked the license and it's "Freeware" so it should be free for me to email to you. PM me or post email or something and I'll send it to you. If someone wants to post it up somewhere for others to dl, that's cool with me. Not sure if these forums are cool with that so sorry if it's not allowed. Just tring to help out.

Now I have to make sure my profile is updated. I usually dont sign on and comment, only read.

Thanks.

8. geebnole

geebnole Member

Not sure how to edit so here is a follow up:

No Errors on DVDFAB 4 version I used (see above).

However using Shrink to open files I had to use the edit length of movie icon to shorten up the credits (only the very end) to make it fit on a 4.7 GB disc.

9. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Older versions of dvdfab are available to download by using google to search. No need to email it to anyone. If you read a few posts up, you will see dvdfab was updated to handle the latest round of encryption.

10. areamike

areamike Member

man, when I think of all the time spent on trying to backup Bangkok Dangerous, I could have bought two copies...HAHAHA!!... ugh~~~

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@areamike

at least you bought that 1st copy.

12. babysatan

babysatan Member

1000's of movies? Man, vballstud, you should really get out more often. However, the free stuff has served me well for many years and I am a slightly richer cheapskate as a result (except for all that money I spent on my original movie copies of course...). It seems if one freebie doesn't do it another one will.
    Anyway, the pursuit always seems to outclass the capture as once again Sony seems to have saved their best encryption for their most pedestrian of films...
    Translation: This movie blows.

13. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

babysatan - some of us have been doing this for years so it doesn't take long for our collections to get quite large. I don't always watch everything either - what I don't watch my family does.
    Plus think about it - 1000 movies - watch 1 a day average time 1.5 hours = 3 years and time off for holidays and what not :)

I agree this movie blows - the original was better.

14. vballstud

vballstud Guest

I don't have cable tv, so I just watch dvds instead. 1000's of dvds isn't really difficult to reach since tv series usually come in sets of 4-7 discs in most cases.

15. bryston

bryston Regular member

Hi,

so I guess the new dvdfab 5226 beta solves the problems for Bangkok Dangerous.

Jo

16. saturday

saturday Member

To rip Bangkok Dangerous download ANYDVD 6.5.1.0 beta this works
    with clone DVD2

17. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Yep, DVDFab HD Decrypter 5226 can handle/rip BANGKOK DANGEROUS (US Region 1) flawlessly. I've tested my backup and it came out beautiful. Good luck to all.

Movie is awesome, but I enjoyed the original version a little better (maybe it's just me).

18. slimer8

slimer8 Member

DVDFab Platinum v5.2.2.6 Beta did the trick for me. I'm hearing this will also work for Disaster Movie, we shall see.

19. bryston

bryston Regular member

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.2.3.0

January 9, 2009
    DVDFab 5.2.3.0 Updated!

* Happy New Year!
    * New: Added support for a new copy protection as found on "Bangkok Dangerous" (US) and "Disaster Movie" (US).
    * New: Updated VSO burning engine.
    * New: Increased conversion speed for "DVD to Mobile" greatly. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Eject wrong drive tray if there are two or more DVD writers when burning for second time.
    * Fix: A freeze problem when converting DVD in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: A crash problem when converting DVD like "Sleeping Beauty". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: A crash problem when converting DVD to Xbox 360 or Zune in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Reduced memory usage when converting DVD to Xbox 360 or Zune. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Converted WMV file cannot be played in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

https://secure.avangate.com/affiliate.php?ACCOUNT=DVDFABSW&AFFILIATE=675&PATH=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dvdfab.com%2Ffree.htm

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5230_avangate-675.exe

20. Sugcat

Sugcat Member

Finally Success with Bangkok Dangerous! From all the tips on this board I got it to burn. NEVER GIVE UP NEVER GIVE IN!!!
    I used defab hd decrypter. I cant afford to buy the platinum version.
    Now on dvdfab it will not let you choose a dvd5 it will dvd9-for the duel layers. But I went ahead and ripped it.Saved in the dvdfab file.
    Then I went to dvd shrink-opened the file. Let dvd shrink do its thing.
    Now their may be some pop ups that say file to big for dvd. Just ignore
    them.Use your single layer dvd to burn. Turned out perfect! no skipping.
    Just perfect. I used dvbfab5225 something the free version and then dvd shrink with anydvd- and nero to burn.
    I still cant get dvd shrink to reauthor, but maybe I can figure that out soon.
    Thanks for all your help.